– Today it is very heavy says Odd Steiner Sorenkan (49).
Exactly a year ago, he could actually see the earth collapsing beneath him.
Ten people were killed in a landslide at Ask in Gjerdrum. They include Ad Steiner’s co-founder Ann-Marie Olsen-Naristorp (50), and her daughter Victoria Emily Naristorp-Sorengen (13).
Both were then opposite him Was torn apart and disappeared by a major landslide.
Today, tragedy is marked in the local community, but Ott Steiner made a serious choice to distance himself as much as possible.
He knew it was right for him and his two remaining children.
It was sad that she did not take us there
Two days before Christmas Eve, he took his two remaining children, Ida and Emil, to Spain. And the goal is not accidental.
– Then we went to Gran Canaria, me and the kids, to get away from Norway Christmas, he says it would be extra heavy.
Instead, the family of three suddenly had to focus on each other on the Spanish tropical island – Ann-Marie had long wanted to bring Ad Steiner and the children.
– It’s sad that she never took us there, we actually went there when she and Victoria were not there.
Dreams come and go
He still remembers a lot from that unfortunate night. He remembered his awakened wife coming in and waking him up and running in front of him before she and Victoria disappeared.
– What bothered me when I looked back was how scared Victoria was. Small squeals as I run down the stairs with mom. It has bothered me so much; He tells TV2 that she was very scared before she disappeared:
– She had such a fear before everything was over.
Now nights are often marked by dreams.
– I have many good dreams about both of them, it does not want to wake me up, but I also have a lot of dreams about what happened that night.
Therapy to see it
The rescue squad wasn’t immediately available for comment.
Six weeks after the landslide, he also found the whereabouts of Ann-Mary and Victoria.
– For me it was therapy, he says.
Odd Steinar also claims to have reclaimed several properties found in the landslide, but:
– I had a hard drive with several thousand pictures. Just thought to recover from the landslide area, but could not save. It’s gone, he says.
He says – naturally enough – this is especially the first time. The first encounter with a landslide was particularly special.
– I knew it was big, but I didn’t know it was that big.
– Staying here is natural
When TV 2 asks him how to summarize last year, he can answer in cash:
– Definitely the worst year I have ever experienced in my life.
But there are some bright spots over the years, the father of the family points out, among others, saying he is grateful he was able to live with the remaining two children.
In addition, Odd Steinar has decided to live in Gjerdrum and he has bought an apartment.
– It tells me the village.
The words hung a little in the air before he added:
– Even though this is the town that stole so much from me.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”