This week, corona certification can be applied in high-infection municipalities.
The certificate will be green if you have been vaccinated for coronary heart disease, if you have been infected with Covit-19, or if the test is negative.
A Report released in May, Revealed that there are several ethical issues with the use of corona certificates.
When the report was submitted, some people had access to the vaccine. Now the situation is different. Nevertheless, one of the authors of the report believes that parts of it are still relevant.
– When you introduce documentary requirements to benefit the community and respect their rights, life becomes much harder for those who are not vaccinated, says Bjorn M. For Hoffman TV 2.
Hoffman is a professor of medical ethics at NTNU and the University of Oslo in Geovik.
Exclusive to some
He says the supply of corona vaccines is currently high, so corona certification is not currently considered exclusive, as it was earlier this year.
Nevertheless, it can be enjoyed exclusively by certain groups in the community.
– It can be very difficult for people to choose not to be vaccinated. Introducing the corona certificate for vaccination does not make much sense because there are better ways to achieve it. In addition, Hoffman says it can be very difficult for those who cannot or should not be vaccinated for health reasons.
Those who have not been vaccinated can have their green corona passport checked, and the test efficiency is good in the Norwegian municipalities.
It is easy for most people to get a green corona certificate because of the availability of vaccines and tests.
But those who are not vaccinated must be regularly screened for access to restaurants, theaters and theaters that can cause stress.
– In addition, focusing on certifications can cause stigma. Although some have tested and certified themselves, they may have to avoid meeting others to protect themselves. The question is whether certification and vaccination can be an additional burden on the fear of infection. While these are not good arguments against a certification, vulnerable groups should be taken into account when we introduce it, Hoffman says.
– When the test expires and you have to retest, controlling Hoffman’s continuity can be a challenge.
Is society for everyone?
Municipalities that have introduced measures may introduce the use of corona certification. Currently, municipalities cannot introduce the use of corona certification without any action.
According to the FHI, the introduction of corona certification, while not a goal of action, will lead to more people getting vaccinated.
According to Professor Hoffman, the ethical confusion that exists now and when the report was published is that it regulates access to a certification rights. The introduction of corona certification means that not everyone in the community can participate on the same basis.
– All citizens should have access to basic rights such as freedom of movement, but with the Corona certificate, the document for access to these rights has been introduced.
It can be well established in crisis situations, but if it continues or is used in normal circumstances, it could lead to unjustified regulation and reduce the fundamental rights of citizens, he says.
He therefore pointed out that it is important to stop when such exceptional activities are not pursued and when exceptional conditions arise.
– Considered illegal
Aslak Saisse, a doctor and professor of health law at the University of Oslo, points out that the opportunity to experiment is a way of not restricting freedom of movement in a discriminatory manner.
– The Ministry of Health and Maintenance Services tells Syse TV 2 that when preparing a regulation, it must respect the constitutional prohibition of unjust discrimination, be as unrestricted as possible, and mainly emphasize voluntary compliance with the law on the use of corona passports.
Size says there are restrictions on what purposes the Corona certificate can be used for.
The mayor of Tromsø said that the corona certification would increase the vaccination rate, which was inconsistent with what was stated in the proposal. Temporary amendments to the Infection Control Act, Says Size.
The proposal states that the corona certificate “should not contribute to the pressure to vaccinate”.
– Explaining that the introduction of corona certification to encourage people to be vaccinated is considered illegal and misleading. But that didn’t sound like it at this Friday’s press conference, Syse says.
– He also says that the important question is whether the passport will have a restrictive effect on those who should not be vaccinated or who do not want to be vaccinated for acceptable reasons.
Local corona passes are possible Came into use this week. Tromsø hopes the municipal passport application can be introduced before Friday.
This is how Corona certification should work locally
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”