Olloclip is a well known company among iPhone users. It produces lens accessories, which are mounted on smartphone’s camera and enhance iPhone’s photo capabilities. These lenses have enjoyed great success on the market – more than a million have been sold already, although they started started on Kickstarter just four years ago. Recently Olloclip team launched another crowdfunding campaign for their new product – Olloclip Studio.
Olloclip Studio is the combination of creative accessories that come together to form the most advanced mobile photography solution which turn the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus into a mini photo studio. Olloclip Studio is a modular solution: it includes Studio Case and Accessory Kit. Studio Case is a phone protection and a core to which all accessories are attached. Accessory Kit consists of a simple and intuitive two-finger universal grip, a kickstand, a set of ¼-20 mounts to attach a tripod, grip or handles (for both landscape and portrait orientation), and a set of cold-shoe adapters for lightweight accessories like a microphone or light.
The Olloclip Studio system is the combination of an all-new, more protective case design that incorporates an integrated mounting solution (patent pending) and a series of mobile photography accessories. Both the case and accessories are designed to intuitively work together the moment you pick them up. Unlike many of today’s modular mobile grip systems, Olloclip’s Studio components seamlessly work together so you can focus on capturing the opportunity in front of you and not on building a rig.
The initial set of accessories ensures that the Olloclip Studio is not only great for taking photos and shooting video, but also for new broadcasting applications like Twitter’s Periscope and social media favorites like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
The Olloclip Studio is designed specifically for iPhone 6 or 6 Plus and is compatible with all of Olloclip’s lens accessories.
Currently there are several Olloclip Studio options at Kickstarter:
– Studio Case for $35
– Studio Case + Accessory Kit for $60
– Studio Case + Accessory Kit + 4-in-1 Lens (Fisheye, Wide-Angle, 10x Macro and 15x Macro) – $110
– Studio Case + Accessory Kit + Active Lens (2X Telephoto and Ultra-Wide) – $175
– Studio Case + Accessory Kit + 4-in-1 Lens (Fisheye, Wide-Angle, 10x Macro and 15x Macro) + Active Lens (2X Telephoto and Ultra-Wide) – $175
– Studio Case + Accessory Kit + 4-in-1 Lens (Fisheye, Wide-Angle, 10x Macro and 15x Macro) + Active Lens (2X Telephoto and Ultra-Wide) + 3-in-1 Macro Lens + Slim Case – $225
– 2-person, 3-day photo excursion with Patrick O’Neill, founder and inventor of the Olloclip, along with various members of the Olloclip design and marketing teams – $2500
Olloclip Studio project at Kickstarter will get a go only if at least $100,000 are pledged by the end of July 2015. However, it looks like they will get much more funds, because almost 500 backers have already contributed more than $70,000.
Update: Olloclip Studio crowdfunding campaign at Kickstarter went on from July 1, 2015 till July 31, 2015, and successfully exceeded the target of $100,000 by collecting $154,087.