22-year-old Nadia Popovici got off to a great start to the new year when she woke up on January 1. On Twitter, the Vancouver Canucks NHL team was searching for her.
More specifically, it was Director of Materials Brian “Reed” Hamilton who was relieved.
– I am trying to find someone very special, and I need the help of the hockey community. To the woman I’m trying to find: You changed my life, and now I want to find you to say thank you! , wrote via Vancouver Canucks’ official Twitter a few hours before the game against the Seattle Kraken.
Just a few months ago, Popovici saved his life.
The incredible story dates back to the NHL game against the Seattle Kraken on October 23, 2021.
Behind the bench, where Hamilton was with the rest of the Canucks, sat Popovici.
When she noticed a mole she thought was a concern on Hamilton’s neck, she chose to speak out. Plexiglass standing between them was no problem for Popovici, who chose a clever solution.
She had typed a message on her phone, which she put on the glass:
The mole on your neck may be cancerous. Please see a doctor! He was humble.
To the local Seattle Times Popovici reveals that she was not sure if the message had arrived.
– He looked at my cell phone and left, I thought he might have seen it and checked it before. It’s unbelievable that this happens months later, she says and continues:
– It is so wonderful to have the opportunity to reach him at that moment.
Hamilton’s prayer for help in exploration was successful. Only a few hours later, the Kanucks family was able to reveal on Twitter that Popovici, who was then a mysterious woman, had been found.
Then came the reunion. On Twitter, Canucks shared photos of the main characters in the amazing story.
– Brian and Nadia had an emotional meeting before tonight’s game in Seattle.
Deed of kindness towards another human being that Brian (Red) will be forever grateful for.
Bryan and Nadia met with feelings before tonight’s game in Seattle. pic.twitter.com/xvld8x2ltz
– Vancouver #Canucks (@Canucks) January 2, 2022
At a pre-match press conference, Hamilton lined up who moved visibly and expressed his gratitude.
– You have extended my life. I have a wonderful family and I have a wonderful daughter. You saved my life. He said she didn’t get me out of a burning car, but she did get me out of a slow fire.
It also reveals that the mole has turned into a dangerous form of cancer.
– The doctor said that if I had ignored it for 4-5 years, I would not be here.
When he was finally ready for the match in Seattle, Popovici was on his permanent seat behind the bench. The 22-year-old was welcomed by the sound system, and her heroic efforts did not go for nothing. She was awarded a scholarship of $10,000, which is equivalent to 88,000 crowns, for her medical studies.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”