OnePlus has released the first open beta of OxygenOS 12.
More energy efficient and based on the “no burden” philosophy.
The new beta version is designed for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro and provides an “upgraded experience on a more stable and energy-efficient system with robust back-end support. OxygenOS 12 is optimized according to Burdenless’s philosophy in three aspects: work, rest and play, building a stress-free room where people can Relax.”
Open Beta version based on Tonight OxygenOS 12 based on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. OxygenOS 12 provides an upgraded experience on a more stable and power-efficient system with strong back-end support. Combined with a refreshed user interface and a host of new features, OxygenOS 12 offers a more rounded experience that simplifies users’ daily work and improves digital well-being.
This beta version is currently available for top models. OnePlus warns that support for the following models will follow:
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 9R 5G
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- Nord 2 5G
- North 1
- Nordic CE 5G
Among others we find:
- New design about light and shadow
- Fully upgraded notes
- Three-level dark mode
- Toolbox 2.0
This is ‘no burden’ as explained by OnePlus
“Inspired by James Turrell’s Light and Space artwork, OnePlus has worked hard to deliver an updated and new user interface in OxygenOS 12 that enhances usability and power through a fluid design:”
OnePlus has created a new design around light and shadow, giving a sense of security and mental peace through visual changes.
- engineering deconstruction
OnePlus has streamlined graphics in OxygenOS 12 based on engineering deconstruction. With simplified printing, users can receive important messages more easily, making OxygenOS 12 more inclusive and more relevant to users from different cultures and regions.
Building on simplicity, OnePlus has enhanced detail to provide a more first-class feel by adding subtle shadows and gradations and customizing each visual user scenario.
“Shelf” and OnePlus Scout
- The fully-known “shelf” on OxygenOS 12 has been upgraded with a wide range of customizations to create an experience that best suits every need.
- To simplify operations and increase efficiency even more, the OnePlus Scout is integrated into the “shelf”. This feature provides a comprehensive search service that allows people to find content on their devices, including documents, contacts, music tracks, and web pages.
- To make work easier and more efficient, the entire Note app has been upgraded with a number of new editing features.
Work Life Balance 2.0 (WLB 2.0)
With OxygenOS 12, we’re expanding the experience of our global users with an updated version – WLB 2.0, for the first time on Android phones. In WLB mode settings, notifications and messages from different applications can be categorized into two modes and sorted by priority.
Based on feedback from OnePlus users, the dark mode can now be adjusted in three levels.
Spill – Toolbox 2.0.2 Update
- In OxygenOS 11.3 for North 2, OnePlus introduced a powerful gaming experience with Toolbox in Games, which supports floating FPS windows, game filters, frame rate settings, and more. With OxygenOS 12, OnePlus brings these features together with the upgraded Toolbox 2.0 for all global OnePlus users, and takes your gaming experience to the next level.
AOD 2.0 . cloth
- Among the features launched by OnePlus, Canvas AOD is one of the most popular. The recently-released Canvas AOD 2.0 has been long overdue after the events of the OEF, and we’re glad to finally be able to show it to more users with OxygenOS 12.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”