Erling Braut Haaland (21) went scoreless when Borussia Dortmund lost 3-2 away to Hertha Berlin on Saturday.
The Norwegian made a poor showing in the Berlin dark match in December. It does not go unnoticed in Germany.
– This was not Erling Braut Haaland, says expert Lothar Matthaus, who works for him Sky Germany.
– He showed his dissatisfaction, did not wrestle with emotions and allowed himself to be provoked. I hope this is a one-time event, says Matthaus, who has 150 caps for Germany.
The main newspaper, Bild am Sonntag, was not gracious the next day. Here, Haaland earned five points in the player exchange. The scale goes from one to six, with one being best.
The loss to Hertha Berlin means that Borussia Dortmund is nine points behind Bayern Munich, the leaders in the league.
During the entire match, the striker was in contact with the ball within 16 meters only three times, Sky Germany reported.
– Perhaps this was Haaland’s weakest performance in the Dortmund kit. In addition to the statistical bottom level, body language was a concern for both blacks and yellows agreeing. There was no force, effort, or effort to get the ball.
Bild am Sonntag shows Dortmund’s decline with desperate Haaland.
Despite the Norwegian butchered for his efforts at the Olympic stadium in Berlin, the situation is no worse than the fact that he scored two goals three days ago – against Grather Fürth.
Then Dortmund won 3-0. In total, he has 13 goals in the Bundesliga this season and 19 goals in all leagues.
After the match against Greuther Fürth last week, Haaland’s performance attracted attention. In Dortmund’s last home game of the year, he walked around the field alone and waved to the crowd. Some interpret this as saying goodbye to the masses.
– I saw the pictures and they looked a little strange, sporting director Michael Zorc admitted to Sky Germany.
– Haaland asked him what’s behind it. But the answer was “nothing at all”.
Zorc insists that nothing will happen in the January window. The first target can pick and choose in clubs – also Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.
The next Bundesliga match is away to Eintracht Frankfurt on January 8th.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”