Watch Martin Odegaard’s free-kick pearl against Burnley at the top!
The contrast was brilliant after three rounds of Premier League.
In the red part of North London there was disappointment and despair, while in the white part there was laughter and faith.
Ødegaard’s goal against Tottenham last season
Tottenham stood with nine out of a possible nine, while Arsenal stood with zero out of a possible nine.
Now after two rounds, everything is turned upside down. Tottenham lost two consecutive goals, while Arsenal won twice in a row. If Mikel Arteta’s men win by two or more goals, they will overtake Tottenham in the table after Sunday’s settlement.
Thus, the local Sunday settlement navigates as a battle of fate for the two teams.
If you want to define the season, I think this will be an important match. The difference between winning and losing is huge. If you lose, you are a bit far away. With the loss, it’s not certain we’ll get to the top eight. If you win the match, you will score, says fan leader at Arsenal’s Norwegian fan club, Ronnie Madsen.
Norway’s Tottenham fan club leader Bjorn Vallen knows, like Madsen, that a loss on Sunday would be brutal. Especially if Arsenal win by big numbers.
– Of course, it’s a very important match. Especially considering that the winner is likely to outdo the other. If Arsenal pass, we won’t be as happy as we were after three league games, says Fallen.
Features of the striker fail: – I am disappointed
So far, both teams have had major problems this season in scoring. Arsenal scored two goals in five matches, while Tottenham scored three goals in five matches.
Ødegaard: – There is always something mentioned about Spurs in a negative sense
Comedian and Tottenham fan, Jones Joseph, believes the match is important to maintain confidence in the Nuno Espírito Santo project.
– It’s very important. Fans received promises of offensive football and Nuno Espírito Santo omitted all criteria, Joseph tells TV 2.
The team’s spells have provided well below par so far this season.
As for Arsenal, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang started the last three games at the top, but the former top scorer had one.
– I’m disappointed with Aubameyang. Oddly enough, what happened to Mesut Ozil when he got a huge salary increase, it seems to have happened to Aubameyang as well. Ronnie Madsen said he had a difficult season last year due to injuries and illness, but I am disappointed.
Harry Kane also started three matches. In total, he has had 288 minutes on the field, but he still has the advantage of scoring.
– It pays a little bit all over. Against Chelsea, we suffered greatly backwards in the second half, but the same goes for the opponent’s goal. However, the North London Derby is living its own life. Bjornar Fallen says the level of ignition in this match will be very different.
This is something Martin Odegaard noticed as well. When the two teams met last year, a Drammen player scored a goal for Arsenal.
– I don’t think much of an introduction is really needed. You notice it a lot when you talk to people. There’s always something said about spurs in a negative sense, so you notice it quickly, Ødegaard tells TV 2.
I think Mikel Arteta is safe regardless of the outcome
The goals were also scored by Ødegaard in the previous league match. The 22-year-old then won the match with a beautiful free kick against Burnley.
The win provided three welcome points for pressure from Mikel Arteta. Regardless of Sunday’s result, Ronnie Madsen believes the Spaniard will be safe next time.
Do you see who looks like a policeman?
– There are a number of supporters suggesting that he will smoke soon on social media, but I don’t believe that. I think it will take a lot for Mikel Arteta to lose his job as Arsenal manager, says the cheerleader.
Do you bother that you have two goals in five matches?
– I knew we would fight aggressively. Arteta has worked hard with the defence, but I think we are starting to see trends moving forward on the pitch. In the first half against Burnley we showed signs of an attacking plan, so I think it will dissolve soon. “But of course I thought we’d have two more goals than two in five games,” Madsen says.
The super attacker suffers: – Now he has to put up with a lot of bullshit
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”