Watch the match summary in the video window above!
Norway made almost nothing against the Netherlands, but after the match, Ståle Solbakken was pleased with what the players had achieved.
Ødegaard about disappointment: – It’s leaden
– We agreed to follow the battle plan that we had, and we followed it. We had a hard time creating chances, but the Netherlands did too, Solbakken told TV 2.
After the match, the director of the national team gathered the players in a ring on the lawn. When he met TV 2 after the match, he opened up about what they were talking about on the pitch.
– I think that the players’ impression of this match is different from what the public opinion and the media will receive. The boys feel like they have good control during the break, we feel like we’re exactly where we want to be. We know we haven’t made the whole world when there are 15 minutes left, but Holland doesn’t either, says the national team manager, and continues:
– It was the battle scene we imagined. We put ourselves in the phase we want, which is to miss one goal in the last 15 minutes. So the disappointment is huge when we fail to create something in the last quarter.
Dutch coach Louis van Gaal, who was in a wheelchair in the stands during the match, made a very similar impression as Ståle Solbakken. Also in the orange wardrobe, the feeling was good during the break.
The Netherlands won the group even with a draw with Norway. Van Gaal’s goal difference was much better than the Turkish goal difference, so the home team’s plan is unlikely to go forward and create many chances.
– It’s vanity to say, but yes, we had a plan, and during the break I was pleased with the way we presented it. “I knew we had better players,” Louis van Gaal said.
TV 2 expert ruthless: – Play ball with us with a hat
TV 2 expert Morten Langley works on the same wavelength with Louis van Gaal as more than Ståle Solbakken after the match.
– It deserves to break out. Today we are not around, says Langley.
– It’s okay that Ståle Solbakken said he was happy with the first 75 minutes, but what do you think Holland think of after that? Do you think they are unhappy with the first 75? They played ball in the hat with us, and they were in complete control. We don’t have one end on goal. We’re not around, we’re not good enough, we have nothing to blame. We meet a wonderfully better team than us, says TV 2 expert.
Langley still believes getting third in the WC group isn’t a failure.
– No, I don’t want to say that. There are good points from Kristian Thorstvedt in his interview, there was optimism and a new deal and they filled Ullevaal again.
Without Haaland, we have no chance
– We have to be honest, too. When you look at the lineups before the game. Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Liverpool. They have key players in the biggest clubs in the world. We have one world-class soccer star, Erling Braut Haaland. We saw what he did against Holland in the first match. Without him, we have no chance against the great nations.
Eagle “Drillo” Olsen was very disappointed that Norway did not create chances, but found relief after the match.
– We don’t have a single target chance. It’s disappointing, of course, but we can take comfort in the fact that we have one of Europe’s youngest national teams, and Erling Braut Haaland in the background, says the former national team manager.
Sørloth: – Damn heavy
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”