Earlier in December, we reported that OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro customers who updated to Oxygen OS 12 lamented the many flaws that characterize the new software: poor connectivity, a 5G connection that lived its own life, slow network data and Long line with other errors.
OnePlus is now trying again after interrupting the previous offering when they realized the seriousness. The list of changes in this round is not the largest in the world, but according to the company, the main problems that characterized the original launch are gone.
Only 1 week since cancellation
The new Oxygen OS 12 should have fixed the issues with mobile data, lack of notifications, screen issues and stuck stuff issues. It has to be said that the first rollout was canceled less than a week ago: if OnePlus manages to fix everything bothering customers, that’s an feat in itself, while if they end up canceling again — well, we’ve got a bit of a PR nightmare to do.
The list of change is below:
- Unlock the phone more efficiently with the fingerprint reader
- Optimized battery consumption to increase battery life
- Fixed bugs related to flashing in some games
- Fixed a bug where the notification area was empty
- Android security patch updated to 2021
- Faster opening of the camera app
- Enhanced photo effect on main camera
- Fixed a bug when connecting to mobile data in some scenarios
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”