On Monday night, strict infection control measures were introduced, As a result of the health sector under high infection rates and stress. A full national liquor store in operation went into effect Wednesday midnight.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health justifies that “sting barriers are considered to have a significant infection control effect. Controlling the number of contact points, reducing mobility and avoiding large crowds has a major infection control effect – the risk of infection is particularly high in festive groups.”
Karl-Henning Schwentzen Noho is the general manager of Norway, which operates several major nightclubs in Oslo – including Youngs, The Dubliner, Elsker and Gulder Hussein.
He hopes there will be congestion in the city Tuesday night before the midnight action takes effect, and he hopes some players may want to take advantage of the opportunity to vacate the warehouse as much as possible.
Beer at an empty price
– Yesterday many people on Facebook called the bar a good price and “the last beer in 2021”. We will not ignore the fact that many will be leaving tonight, Swenton told TV2 on Tuesday.
– Visitors should at least be confident that we can control the infection. There will not be a full feast in our places, he insists.
Pops Pub, located in Greenland, Oslo, is now one of the cheapest drinks advertisers. On Facebook, they write that there will be “empty prices” until the bar closes on Tuesday.
– If I could sell 2 more items today and earn 2 kroner, I would need 2 kroner to pay the bills. We’ve been covering our expenses for 2 years now, and we do not have fox-driven and 1 kroner, ”pub owner Evind Flன்nfeld writes via SMS to TV2.
Ingen happy time
Also in Bergen, arrangements are being made for a night out with liquor at this time, but guests and wild environments are not expected to abound.
– Odd Feijelskாரrt Rasmussen tells TV2 that it will be quiet, depending on how it has been this week.
He is also the Operations Manager of Bargroup, which operates six nightclubs in Bergen – including Cocktail Bar No Stress. Rasmussen says the new plan, which guarantees compensation for lost goods, does not require them to insist on emptying warehouses.
– We will not arrange any “happy time”, he says.
There is currently no wage support
However, from midnight on Wednesday, the bar shutdown – and other measures – will take effect, and Swentsen says the company and its staff are facing uncertain times.
Presented by the Government on Tuesday Initial compensation schemes for the business community, Including nightlife careers. This came the day after the government introduced new infection control measures to control coronary heart disease.
Many players in the restaurant and nightlife industry say they still need to make redundancies The wage support scheme is not yet in place.
Uncertainty for employees
Swentzen hoped the government would present a wage compensation plan on Tuesday, but instead said it would come later this week in the guise of finance minister Drigway Slakshold.
– Wage compensation is best understood in its absence, and all of my employees demand what happens. Now it has gone so far as to ask if they can be fired. Christmas is coming soon and people need to know what’s going on, says Sventson.
He appreciates that the Minister of Commerce and Industry recognizes the social importance of the industry and that many compensation schemes are currently being introduced but wage support for employees is very important.
– It would have been nice if they had given us a wage compensation and then we would have stopped sending them to the NAV.
Sent 61 dismissal notices
Rasmussen believes it’s urgent to create a wage compensation plan, but says that for restaurants, it’s more important than them.
He justifies this with the fact that they can stay open without serving too much wine, while it is important to provide wine to be open to nightclubs.
On Monday, Rasmussen was forced to send layoff notices to all 61 employees at the company.
– I think none of the staff were surprised, but of course they think it’s too bad, he says.
Rasmussen says almost all employees should be laid off.
– We may have to keep the accounting staff in a certain percentage of positions, but this often means closing for us.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”