There were several crashes on E18 on Tuesday afternoon. The Westfold Intermunity Fire Service is urging people to drive carefully.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Westfold Intermediate Fire Service wrote on Twitter that there had been several accidents on the E18 in Homestrand.
At 16.17am, staff left Botnetunnelen after receiving a complaint that a car had run off the road.
– When we went out, it was really slippery from Homestrand and North. The car drove and turned, but ended up on all four wheels. Those involved appeared to be unharmed, and fire chief Henrik Osberg says we were guarding the scene of the crash.
– As we were on our way to this crash we saw another crash at the E18 exit south of Bendroot Crisis. We redistributed some resources and helped with both, Osberg tells VG.
The fire service comes with a call to all motorists:
– Drive carefully, sugar ice E18 is very slippery and difficult to detect. People need to remember that conditions change very quickly and although it is okay to drive where you are now, then it may be different. Lower your shoulders and drive carefully. Now the most important thing is that Osborg tells Vijay that everyone will arrive safely before Christmas.
Southeastern Police District reported a traffic accident on E18 at Paulertunnelen outside Larvik at 16.12.
– Need to talk about rear collision. A person is taken to the hospital for examination. They write that both vehicles involved must be recovered.
The Road Traffic Control Center is involved in salting the road. At 17.15pm, police wrote on Twitter that a ground had been opened past the crash site, so traffic was reduced.
Vegtrafiksentralen has also noticed that driving conditions have changed,
Tomas Eriksen, transport operator at Vegtrafiksentralem, told VG on Tuesday afternoon that light snow was beginning to fall in Westfold, Telemark, Oslo and Wiegen, and that it was beginning to slip on Goodbrandstalen.
Erickson explains that driving this type of vehicle can quickly become dangerous.
– This light snow quickly polishes the roads. Nonetheless, we had no record of anything other than minor accidents. There is less traffic than usual when many people are in the home office, he says.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”