– This is a topic that I think is a bit difficult, says Crown Prince Haakon.
NRK meets him in Trondheim, where he is meeting 200 young leaders and talent for the Sikt conference.
At the same time, the process of clarifying the role of older sister Princess Martha Louise in the royal family is underway.
– I feel a great responsibility for the company
Many have recently argued that she should lose her princess title in order to create more distance between her and her fiancee Durek Veret’s work and the Norwegian royal family.
– On the one hand, my sister is engaged, I know Durek Verret, it’s nice to be with him, I’ve been with him on many occasions. And I want him to be welcomed into our family, says the crown prince.
– At the same time, I feel that I have a great responsibility towards the company, and I – and we – have certainly noticed that what we have said and done has caused some controversy and controversy. Talk about it and find out. We’re trying to do this process right now, where we’re trying to find a good way. At the same time, he says, we get feelings and think about different aspects, so it takes a little more time.
When the royal couple commented for the first time on the criticism of their future son-in-law, Durek Verret, King Harald said they wanted to speak with himAnd they are a work in progress.
Break off cooperation
Lately there has been a storm surrounding Princess Martha Louise and her royal duties.
Last month, NRK was able to report that the Epilepsy Society He decided to end his collaboration with the princess In 2020, the association believed that several statements by her boyfriend, now fiancee, Durek Veret, conflicted with their values and ethics.
Since then, several associations have done the same, with others asking Princess Martha Louise to now clarify her views on transplants and whether she supports Veret’s statements.
Veret has received criticism after several controversial statements about health issues. Most recently this summer, when he claimed a medal, it helped him recover from a corona infection.
The majority thought the princess should stop working for the royal household
A survey conducted by Norstat for NRK in September shows that More than half of respondents believe that Princess Martha Louise should stop representing the royal family.
Only 13 percent were positive about the princess having official duties on behalf of the royal family.
– This shows that people believe that Princess Martha Louise needs to create more distance between what she and her fiancé do and what the royal family does. That was a clear signal to the king, historian Trond Norén Isaksen said at the time.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”