– We have turned all the stones, says Andrea Scherer Kruts, director of Stiftelsen Amethia, Norway’s only national health service for women before and after abortion.
Annually, 2,500 women receive pre- and post-abortion follow-up – it has 10 offices across the country. It is the country’s only national health service for women before and after abortion Their own website. The offer is free.
In the Autumn State Budget The government decided to reduce support to the Foundation with NOK 6.2 million.
Thus the consequences will be reduced – in the number of employees and in the offer, confirms the director. The decision was taken at an executive meeting held on Wednesday. Employees got the news on Friday.
– This is simply the brutal truth, Kreutz tells VG.
By 2023, Amatiya will liquidate six out of ten offices. Those closed are in Bodø, Hamar, Tønsberg, Skien, Drammen and Kristiansand.
Offices in Tromsø, Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo will be maintained.
Employees should also be reduced
In addition, there will be cuts in the number of employees.
– We really want to offer another solution to employees. We have turned over all the stones. If we don’t do something now, we risk being declared bankrupt, says the director.
– How many people lose their jobs?
– It’s too early to tell. Today we have 20.5 human yearshuman yearsA man-year is the number of hours/days a full-time employee works in a year, for example, which can be shared between two employees working 50 percent each. And that will drop to 16 full-time employees. But he says it’s too early to tell the number of employees.
Beyond local cooperation
Grutz said the cuts will affect many of the local collaborations they have at closed locations, which are difficult to maintain when they’re not physically present.
It works together with groups, teaching and health services on women’s health, sexual health and contraception for women and girls of minority ethnic backgrounds, asylum receptions, refugee services, adult training and Sanitätskvinnen.
She insists they should still be a service for those who need pre- and post-abortion follow-up – but on different terms.
– We will provide good services to women before and after abortion. But for some, conversations in the future will be over the phone or digitally instead of in one of our offices because we’ll be in fewer offices than we are today.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”