A 20-year-old man has been charged with raping and exploiting a man under the age of 18 in particularly vulnerable living conditions.
The incident was reported to have taken place on Thursday night. The victim in this case is a 17 year old who has recently returned to Norway from Ukraine.
The girl’s assistant lawyer Ingunn Tøffelsen says it’s hard for her.
– Can’t describe how she feels. She escaped bombs in Ukraine and came here. She thinks she has come to the rescue and then she enjoys it. You can not imagine how she feels, says Tolife.
The incident was reported to the police on Thursday night and he was arrested shortly after. The accused has been arrested and is in police custody. The police have demanded that he be remanded for another 4 weeks.
– When police demand custody, it’s because they believe there is a risk of it happening again, says police lawyer Kersty Marie Nilsson to the NRK.
Did not agree to be imprisoned
A prison meeting is scheduled for Saturday, which will be called office business, police say. This includes the decision of the judge outside the court hearing.
– Police Attorney Kersey Marie Nilsson says the person involved did not agree to be jailed but agrees to the office business.
– He wants to be released. Beyond that, Howard Woodstole Jakobsen, the person’s bodyguard, says I do not wish to comment on this case.
Was charged in another case
The man has also been charged in another ethical case, which police say will go to court in April.
For the sake of investigation, the police could not go into details on how the case came to be known.
Witnesses were questioned in this case. New witnesses will also be questioned, police said.
Be safe in receptions
More than 11,000 Ukrainian refugees have arrived in Norway so far, and more are expected in the future. In many places, Ukrainian refugees have reportedly received undue attention in reception centers, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) said earlier this week.
– Gro Anna Persheim, UDI’s subject leader, says UDI knows that those who want to exploit asylum seekers can be welcomed.
At the refugee reception center in Quinnestal, Federlandsvennen wrote that the police had to stand guard to protect female Ukrainian refugees from long-distance wearing men.
– There are men from all over eastern Norway who want to interact with women here. They simply want to exploit vulnerable, traumatic people. This is scary, reception manager Liv Ellen O’Malley told the newspaper.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”