“This must be the coldest birthday in a lifetime,” you may have thought or said today.
You are not wrong. Several places in the country experienced the coldest Christmas Eve in several years.
In the far north of our long country, there seems to be no cold record this year. However, today’s extreme temperatures are right here.
– At 6 a.m., Troms and Finnmark had their lowest and highest temperatures: 30 degrees Celsius on the Finnmark plain and a plus 2 degrees along the Finnmark coast, north of Hammerfest, says TV2 presenter Annie Neerrod.
From Christmas Eve to Christmas Day we shall have a change of weather in the country, in consequence of low pressure sailing northwards, from Scotland.
That’s what meteorologist on duty Isaac Slitibo said in StormGeo for TV2.
– Slitibo says it’s now minus 30 degrees in the mountains, but it will be at least 20 degrees milder.
This means that the weather in northern Norway will remain fairly stable, but with somewhat higher temperatures.
In southern Norway, especially south of Stade and Dover, there will be, in addition to mild weather, a great deal of precipitation.
– But there are still sub-zero temperatures on Earth. Even when snow turns to rain, precipitation can freeze to ice; Then there can be very slippery roads and difficult driving conditions, Slettebø tells TV 2.
Slettebø explains that this mild weather with precipitation will be somewhat similar on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
On the third day of Christmas, the low pressure, which is moving north, will have passed southern Norway. Then comes the cold with the wind from the northwest, he says.
It will not be as cold as Christmas Eve, which is one of the coldest days of the year.
Overview of the weather in the provinces on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
In Trøndelag, Møre and Romsdal The weather will be cloudy and rainy, with snow falling at an altitude of 600-800 meters in the interior. Most of the rain will occur in Sunnmøre, the least in Nordmøre and in Trøndelag.
A cool morning in the whole area, but temperatures rise later in the day.
Western Norway, south of Stade The weather will be the same as in Trøndelag, More and Romsdal. But with a risk of freezing rain on the ground, especially in the early part of the day, in some places.
– Even if milder weather arrives, negative temperatures will be able to survive in sheltered depressions, of which there are many in western Norway. So there is a risk of freezing rain on the ground, especially in the early part of the day.
Southern and Eastern Norway It will snow in the morning. It will rain along the coast of Agder, and the precipitation will move north in eastern Norway throughout the morning.
Low rain north to Mjosa from the afternoon, with snow falling over 300-500m in elevation from Oslo and north. To the south, it will rain at least up to 800 metres.
in northern Norway Snow showers will also affect Nordland and Troms on Christmas Day, also along the Finnmark coast. Generally little wind, but a small north-northwest wind on the coast in the far north of Nordland and north.
– Mostly cloudy, but devoid of starry skies in Nordland and Finnmarksvida, StormGeo writes in its weather analysis.
In a number of places in the country there is an orange danger warning, as there is a high risk of avalanches.
On Saturday, a high risk of avalanches is expected in the Indri Troms region, where a red warning of danger has been issued.
It is not recommended to travel in icy terrain. Landslides can hit landslide-prone roads and buildings year.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”