Alexander Rybak sang in everyone’s hearts the song “Fairytale” during the Melody and Eurovision Grand Prix in 2009. In the time following the Grand Prix victory, many wondered what “adventure” Rybak sang about.
Dagbladet was the first newspaper to report that the girl he sang about was the musician Ingrid Berg Mehus. The two became together when they were violin students at the Barat Due Conservatory of Music in Oslo. The relationship lasted one year before it ended.
Rybak his previously Mahus has been referred to as “the best fascination for young people”.
12 years after “Fairytale” came out, the two will be performing on stage together again. In December, they will go on the Christmas “Silent Night, Holy Night” Christmas tour.
– We are good friends
Mehus participated in the Melodi Grand Prix in 2019 with the song “Feel”, and for several years worked as a violinist in a nightclub. During the engagement, she asked Rybak for advice.
Along with Ron Larsen, Maria Hokas Mettet and Hans Marius Hof Mettet, she and Ryback will go on a Christmas tour around church rooms in the country.
Mihos is very much looking forward to being able to get the audience in the Christmas mood.
– I’m really looking forward to it. I hope a lot of people will come. Mehus tells Se og Hør that he now dreamed that it could be a full-fledged church when it started.
When asked what she thought of performing with Rybak during Christmas parties, she replied:
– I think that’s very convenient. He is a nice guy to work with. We are good friends, says Mihos.
The two will also have a duet together during Christmas parties.
– We’ll have a couple. I can say nothing but that it will be a gunpowder duo.
Do not participate in the beginning
However, not all Christmas parties will be where the two of the duo will perform. Rybak won’t be on stage until December 8th. That’s because he studies film music in Chicago, producer Tor Arne Ranghus told Se og Hør.
– Mehs says that he will be a little in Jalal Wahid in the first part.
She is also looking forward to being on stage with spouses Mettet and Ron Larsen.
– They are wonderful people. This is my third year touring with them. It’s a huge graceful and it’s a nice bunch. We laugh, have a great time and have fun on stage. Mihos says, I hope people in the hall will notice too.
See and Hear tried to contact Alexander Rybak, but so far unsuccessful.
I brought them together
It was producer Tor Arne Ranghus who wanted Rybak and Mehus to perform together. Mehs is highly praised.
– She’s a great violinist, too. She’s a great girl to take the tour. It’s always good to have positive and happy people, Ranghus tells Se og Hør.
After a long period of coronavirus restrictions, it looks like the church room could be filled. Rangos says it still seems like some audiences are holding back a bit from buying tickets.
Significant portions of our audience are over 55 years old. Looking pretty good this year, but someone seems to be holding back a bit. Rangos says there are some reservations against buying tickets, but I hope it works out.
The Moreover: Press wheel tricked around
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”