A man has been taken to hospital in Arendal with serious injuries following an incident at an address in the center of Arendal on Sunday evening.
– The latest news from the hospital is that the person’s injuries are not life-threatening, but the injuries are serious, Knut Otte, operations manager at Akhter Police District, tells NRK.
According to the police, it is still too early to tell if any crime was committed.
– The sequence of events is a big question. Hopefully the investigation will provide answers, Odde says.
Forensic technicians are now at the address to confirm clues and will continue throughout the night.
One person has been taken to the police station in Arendal for questioning.
That person has witness status in the case.
– The person must have been in the residence at the relevant time and must have been taken for questioning. Operations manager Knut Otte says the investigation will reveal whether there are more people to be investigated.
The health department informed the police about the incident which took place around 8 pm. This incident must have happened two hours ago.
– This is still an unresolved situation, says operations manager Knut Otte.
Forensic technicians are on their way to the address to assist with the investigation.
– We are completely transparent about what happened, Otte says.
– The focus now is on preserving traces and conducting investigations that can tell us something about the sequence of events at the address, Otte says.
Blocked by area
Police have blocked the address in central Arendal pending a forensic investigation.
The background for forensic assistance is the extent of damage to a person who has been taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police have launched an investigation into what happened.
At this time, police would like to say something about the gender or age of the injured person or the gender or age of the person taken in for questioning.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”