the actor Austin Butler (31) He became a name that “everyone” knew after starring in the movie “Elvis,” for which he won a Golden Globe — and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor.
Many were impressed with Butler’s singing voice and dance moves, but fans felt one thing was missing.
– very sick
Butler took over the role of “Elvis” in July 2019, when he was still with his current ex-boyfriend, Vanessa Hudgens (34).
A month after it was announced that Butler would play the rock legend, Hudgens hosted “Live With Kelly and Ryan.” There, the 34-year-old revealed that she previously had the idea of her boyfriend playing Elvis.
– He’s very sick. Last December, Hudgens said, we were driving and listening to Christmas music, and then Elvis Presley’s Christmas Carol came on. BuzzFeed News.
– He just dyed his hair dark, natural blonde, and I looked at him while he was singing, and just: “Honey, you have to play Elvis. I don’t know how, but I’m serious. You have to play it.”
A month later, the “High School Musical” star still hasn’t given up on what she thought was the perfect role for him.
– And then, in January, he sat down at the piano. He’s a musician and he was playing and singing and I said, “I don’t know how, but you have to know how to play Elvis. I don’t know how we can get the rights to it or what we’re doing, but you have to play it!”.
To the dismay of fans, the star couple called it quits around the same time the recording of “Elvis” began.
Three years later, Butler explained that it was his “friend” who encouraged him to play the rock legend, after touring with Christmas Music.
However, he did not mention which friend had the idea.
– So I looked around at the Christmas lights and there was an Elvis song on the radio. I was with a friend of mine and I was singing with my friend and he looked at me and said, ‘You have to play Elvis,'” Butler said. Hollywood ReporterAnd further explanation:
– A few weeks later, I was playing the piano. I wasn’t used to singing in front of my friends or anything. That same friend was there and he said, “I’m serious. You have to figure out how to get the rights to write a script.”
– We’ve been together for a long time
So it didn’t take long before fans put two and two together, and on social media fans were sure Hudgens was the one the actor was talking about.
Some were offended on Hudgens’ behalf, and thought it disrespectful to call her a “girlfriend” after a nine-year relationship. Others think it was cool of Butler to refer to her as such, since they both have new connections on each other’s side.
What many fans felt was the biggest problem was that Hudgens didn’t give credit for encouraging him to play Elvis – a role that really boosted his career.
Now, after several weeks of criticism, he confirms the opposite Los Angeles Times He was talking about Hodgins specifically:
– This is correct. We’ve been together for a long time and she had such heartwarming moments. I really owe a lot to her for believing in me.
Also read: New flame: – She loves him
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”