The dispute means that 550,000 customers have now lost TV 2 channels.
There are breaches in the negotiations between TV 2 and Telenor T-We, which means Telenor is now not allowed to broadcast TV 2 channels.
This was reported by Telenor in a press release.
Consequently, all 550,000 Telenor TV service T-We customers lose access to all TV 2 channels, according to the company.
“We are very sorry that this is affecting our customers, and we can confirm that we are doing everything we can to establish a new agreement with TV 2,” says Camilla Amundsen at Telenor.
According to Telenor, it is these channels that smoke for customers right now:
- Fixed channels: TV 2, TV 2 Zebra, TV 2 Lifestyle, TV 2 Nyhetskanalen, TV 2 Sport 2
- Optional content: TV 2 Sport 1, Nordisk Film, SF
- Subscription channels: TV 2 Sport Premium and C More Film & Series
Consequently, Telenor will no longer have the right to broadcast content from these channels until a new agreement is entered into with TV 2.
– Both parties want to agree to a new agreement that includes all TV 2 content, but we have not yet been able to find a solution that works for both Telenor and TV 2, which mandates TV 2.
The channel also writes:
– If, and perhaps when, we will agree on a new agreement and the channels will return, we do not know.
Sarah Welland, organizing director of TV 2, wants to apologize to the affected customers.
The current agreement expired on November 30, and we have been negotiating overtime since then. Unfortunately, we didn’t succeed, which means that 550,000 telecom customers will lose access to TV 2 channels as of today, VG told.
– Why was there no agreement?
– These are complicated negotiations. The agreement must be valid for both parties. In some areas, there is a slightly different interest for those of us who create content and those who distribute it. Hence, it may be difficult to find common ground.
– What will happen next?
– In the short term, Telenor viewers will lose access, and we can’t help but regret that this affects innocent third parties. Then we want to find a solution, but it’s hard to say anything about time perspective.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”