“You see, everything has been turned upside down, but I’m going to get through it.”
The words belong to former soccer player Charlotte Rohlin.
She has 77 caps for the Sweden national team, and in her hometown she enjoys legendary status after 20 years of service at Linköpings FC.
In 2015, she put her shoes on the shelf, and has since created a family with partner Martin Nolde. In 2018, they had a daughter, Noel.
Life seemed to be going well for Rohlin, but in December 2021 came the shocking news.
– Will I die?
In a new interview with the Swedish newspaper expressRohlin opens up about the cancer diagnosis that changed her life. On December 14, she shared the news herself Instagram profile.
‘I have been diagnosed with breast cancer’, I wrote. Attached is a picture that says “Damn Cancer”.
The question she keeps asking herself
The diagnosis was triple-negative aggressive breast cancer.
– The doctor asked: Will I die? to Express.
Time then was filled with uncertainty about the way forward.
– I longed for family life for a long time. And now I might not be able to try it for long. Do I really only get three years with my daughter?
Soon after the diagnosis, Rohlin began chemotherapy. Then the hair began to fall out, and the couple had to get creative.
– We decided to play the hairdresser at home, so that Noel would be with us all the way and I wouldn’t go home completely bald one day, she explains to the Swedish newspaper.
Finally, Rohlin had to have an operation to remove her breasts to reduce the chance of the cancer spreading.
– There was no doubt not to do so. I do it for a living.
However, she does not dare to be overly optimistic, although things look positive.
– They say it went as well as it could, but I don’t really dare hope until I have received all the test results and in fact they inform me well, she says before she comes up with a bleak prediction.
– What’s so boring is that this hell cancer will come back again within the next two years.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”
Haaland on ‘Nightmares’: – It’s only good
Ten years ago they shocked City – now they can be bought by 21-year-olds
Sarpsborg 08, Football | Sarpsborg 08 tied the first division team in the cup