The Academy Awards were held at the end of March, and that was when the dramatic event between Will Smith and Chris Rock took place.
When Rock told a joke about Smith’s wife, the actor went up on stage and gave Rock an altar. Almost a month later, Rose Rock opened its doors Interview with the news channel WIS in South Carolina About what happened to the son.
It is believed that the battle was organized
Rose told WIS that this is the year she shouldn’t be appearing on distribution, but rather tracking broadcasts from home.
When her son received a slap in the face for Smith, she initially thought it was all in stages. And I thought about it until the actress started screaming, according to the news channel.
– When he beat Chris, he beat us all. Rose said in the interview that it really hit me.
She then added that the comedian should have been delighted to award the Academy Award to Questlove, who won the category announced by Chris. But he was taken from that moment by the Battle of Smith.
– No one even heard his speech. No one was able to be present at this moment because everyone was just sitting there wondering what was going on.
Banned from an Oscar
As a result of the battle, it was decided to prevent Smith from participating in the Oscar events until 2032.
– The Board has decided that for ten years starting April 8, Will Smith will not be permitted to participate in any Academy-sponsored awards or events, either physical or digital, including the Academy Awards, Oscar directors David Rubin and Don Hudson said in a statement.
After the awards ceremony, Smith appeared to the public on social media apologizing for his behavior. An apology, the actor also wrote a personal letter to Chris Rock.
I want to apologize publicly, Chris. I crossed the line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions are not indicative of the man I want to be, Smith wrote in an Instagram post.
Comment on the battle itself
Chris Rock hasn’t released an official statement about the fight, but has commented on the incident, among other things During a show in Boston late March.
– I don’t have much to say about what happened. So if you hear about it… I had a whole show I wrote before this weekend. I’m still working on what happened,” the comedian said.
Then he added that he would talk about the accident sooner or later.
– It will be serious, and it will be fun, said Rock on stage The Wilbur: – But now I will tell some jokes.
The comedian also set foot during the show and defended Smith When a spectator made a provocative comment about the actor.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”