The 10-day infection isolation means Christmas Eve is at risk from Wednesday.
Many people experienced last year that the isolated Christmas Eve would not be as usual. If you want to avoid isolation this year, being extra careful is already becoming important.
Isolation rules have changed several times recently. Under the new rules, you will now be in ten days of isolation – even if fully vaccinated.
This means that those who end up in isolation, including Wednesday and Wednesday, are at risk for Christmas Eve in isolation.
– Following the recommendation of professional authorities, we now introduce general isolation and isolation rules regardless of virus variant. This includes, among other things, the isolated duty of household members and similar relatives to have the opportunity to test themselves after seven days. Other close contacts may be tested after three days, but after seven days should be in leisure isolation for a negative test. Health Minister Invild Kerkol writes in a statement that there are exceptions for individuals who engage in important social work during work hours, and among other things, there are requirements for a negative test on the same day they are supposed to work.
The rules are like that
In practice, if someone close to you does a positive test, the following will now happen:
- Isolation for ten days
- You should test yourself as much as possible with PCR or Rapid testing
- You can test yourself from isolation after a seven-day PCR test
- Is a quick test No. The perfect way to examine yourself from isolation. You will have to wait for the answer to the PCR test.
According to New regulation You do not need to be isolated if you have had Covit-19 for the past three months or have received a third dose vaccine. Two vaccinations are not enough.
The isolation period for victims was seven days.
Testing works poorly in practice
Although it is possible to test oneself from the isolation of an infection, in practice it can be difficult. Response time for PCR tests has increased dramatically in recent weeks. In the past, it was possible to get a response to a test taken on the same day or after 24 hours in the worst case.
Many municipalities, including Oslo, now report a response time of up to four days. The online newspaper has told many that third-day answers are now ubiquitous.
This means that you can not trust the test to reduce the isolation period before the isolation period expires anyway.
Believes that isolated duty may have been avoided
His In professional terms The FHI is aware that the cost of this operation is high:
– Isolation for at least seven days is intrusive and expensive, writes FHI.
They further write that limitations in test capability prevent a better rule:
– They point out that if the status of the test defect improves, the test-based isolated regimes will replace the normal isolation, with an equivalent control effect and a significantly lower action load.
Director of Health Bjørn Guldvog previously stated that the Norwegian Directorate of Health Acquired very few quick tests:
– We planned the scenes we saw before that were a big challenge with Delta, but did not fully take into account the fact that we are getting an infectious variant like Omigran, Goldwalk admitted at a press conference last week. So someone said it should be hard to prioritize.
When is a close contact?
According to the FHI, one of the following situations is considered “close contact”:
- You were in contact with a person who was confirmed to be infected with Govt-19 within 48 hours of the first symptoms appearing in the infected person. If a person who has been confirmed to have a COV-19 infection does not develop symptoms, the infection is diagnosed at the time of testing.
And the contact was:
- Two meters distance or more than 15 minutes
- Direct physical contact or
- Direct contact with secretions.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”