Haraldsplass Diakonale Hospital in Bergen reports a “significant” increase in the number of admitted corona patients, reports Pergens Tidende.
Prior to June 12, the number of daily patients was four to five, up from ten to twelve in recent days, the hospital said in a statement.
The total number of corona patients in Bergen is 30 tonight, along with figures from Hawkland University Hospital. Both are in the intensive care unit.
– It seems to us that the “autumn wave” has already begun, says Haraldsplass’ CEO. Kjerstin Filing to Bergens Tidende.
Fillingon tells Dagbladet that the number of Covid-19 patients in the hospital has increased in the last ten days.
– At the end of March, we had a peak of 26 patients, after which the number gradually decreased. It is steadily lower with two to three patients per day, but increased again ten days ago.
– Why do you call it the “Autumn Wave”?
– For a good time the numbers were steadily lower, but now it is changing. NIPH said earlier this year that it would change and that we should be prepared. To us, this may seem like it has already begun.
– Do you have enough capacity to deal with the increasing number of corona patients?
– We work to protect employees in the future and have good employees who can withstand stress. We have a challenge in getting more and more of our “regular” patients – many elderly people with infections and lung and heart problems, on par with Govt patients. At the same time, the number of Govt patients is lower than in March, which has settled at a steady high.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
Problems with exchanging Norwegian notes abroad – E24
Such is the weather this summer
Teen gets 16 points on his driver’s license – NRK Westfold and Telemark – Local News, TV and Radio