According to the Italian newspaper, La Gazzetta dello Sport Investigators have found a secret document signed by Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo in which the Portuguese club pledged 20 million euros during the Corona pandemic.
This is despite the club’s announcement that Juventus players had to drastically cut their salaries when the world went into lockdown in 2020.
This means, among other things, that the players agreed to forgo four months’ salary as of March 2020, which the Italian financial police are now allegedly trying to prove was not the case.
Because according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus is under investigation for falsifying documents, including the balance of the club’s accounts for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
In addition, 16 club directors and chiefs – including chairman Andrea Agnelli, vice-chairman Pavel Nedved and current Tottenham manager Fabio Paratici – are said to be under investigation for their possible involvement.
The Italian financial police, Guardia Di Finanza, will search for documents and private agreements between the club and the players who were at Juventus between 2019 and 2021.
Gazzetta dello Sport claims that the financial police have already found a confidential document signed by Ronaldo and Juventus, which is said to have appeared after bugging some Juventus managers from December last year.
In wiretapping, reference should be made to “a known document that theoretically should not exist”.
It is alleged that Juventus promised to pay 19.9 million euros to Ronaldo even if he left the club. The prosecutor in the case believes that the amount agreed upon by the parties was not recorded in Juventus’ accounts.
On Monday, La Stampa newspaper reported that the prosecutor in the case had asked Ronaldo to clarify his position in the case, but the Portuguese reportedly refused to say anything.
Check out the Nettavisen podcast about Norwegian football:
Riots at United
Ronaldo left Juventus for Manchester United in the late summer of 2021 after three seasons with the “old lady”.
The 37-year-old is currently in serious trouble after an incident last week as he entered the players’ tunnel before the Manchester United match ended.
Ronaldo was heavily criticized for this, and coach Erik Ten Hag punished him by leaving him out of United’s squad for the weekend’s game against Chelsea, in addition to not allowing him to train with the first team.
The Portuguese is now back in action and will be available for Manchester United’s Europa League match against Sherif Tiraspol on Thursday night.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”