BETOSTOLEN (Netavisen): On a day when the Swedish women failed to reach the final once at the World Cup in Betostollen, Lynn Svan is back in competition for the first time in 607 days.
The 23-year-old underwent two surgeries for a shoulder injury.
And Svan was very impressed to be back. She was fastest in the prologue and a great all-around finalist in Sweden’s Idre.
– It’s really nice to be back, you say in Swedish Express about the race.
It’s called Carlson
But the fact that she would go on to win her comeback wasn’t much of a surprise to her, we have to believe Frida Carlson. Carlson can reveal to Nettavisen that she spoke to Svahn the night before, then the message is clear.
– I spoke to her on the phone yesterday or the day before. And it is likewise when you haven’t competed with yourself in a while, you wonder: “Where do I stand”, “Am I good enough?”. But Lin was completely different. She said something like this: “I thought I’d win this weekend, and I’ll also go to Davos next weekend.” She hasn’t competed in two years, Carlson tells Nettavisen, but she has good will in herself.
– What does this say about her?
– This situation is rare.
Svan, who played havoc with the Norwegian runners before injury, was greeted by twin sisters Odnes and Wing. World Cup leader Terrell said she was excited to see how well Svans looked in the coming weeks.
– It will be interesting. I almost forgot about her. It’s been a long time since we’ve competed with her. She says she will probably go quickly, and is supported by her twin sister Lotta:
– I think she’s a raw runner. But I’ll try to give her more of a fight the next time I’m up against her.
On Saturday, the World Cup Circus takes place in Betostolen for 10 km for both men and women.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”