Haaland was the best player in Norway and sometimes destroyed the Dutch defense in the match as in the end It ended 1-1 at Olival Stadium Wednesday evening.
The duel with Virgil van Dijk Haaland was the best.
– I bumped my finger on it. I don’t know how it happened. “Hell, I broke my finger,” Haaland told TV 2 after the match.
Translator, this is something like: “Damn, I broke my finger!”
And the Dutch press director stated at the post-match press conference that the captain’s finger was not broken, but rather a sprain.
– It’s good so to speak
Television pictures along the way showed the tampon star had to treat and stick his fingers.
– It’s good, so to speak. I have no idea how I broke my finger. That’s exactly the case, Haaland says.
Van Dijk himself is interested in praising Norway after the 1-1 match.
– They have speed in the team and they play very direct. This is their quality. Sometimes we defended well, but sometimes they let us pass. Star stopper says we missed two chances, it wasn’t too bad.
Then he probably forgot that Haaland, in addition to scoring, hit the post and spoiled a chance alone with the goalkeeper.
When NRK asked Holland coach Louis van Gaal about the duel between Van Dijk and Haaland, he was primarily interested in praising his players.
– I think Van Dijk played very well. He’s back from a long injury but he’s playing as he does today. It is wonderful. I think Stefan de Weerge was the best player on the pitch and he also played a lot against Haaland. The Netherlands coach said, I can not complain defensively.
But Stefan de Weerge was full of praise for the Norway superstar striker.
– He’s very dangerous. It is strong and fast. They waited for counterattacks, that’s how they play. He’s one of the best strikers in the world, so it’s not easy. Regardless of the goal, he had a great opportunity, but we managed to stop him. It is important to position yourself correctly when attacking so that you are in balance when you lose the ball, he says after the game.
Haaland whole rose
Georginio Wijnaldum told NRK that he expected Norway to do what it did: face Haaland when the opportunity presented itself.
They lie down (Norway) deeply and look for Haaland. They tried to play directly against Haaland because they know he is very dangerous, says the new PSG player.
National team manager Stoll Solbakken was fascinated by Liverpool’s stopper on Wednesday night. Solbakken, a Liverpool fan himself, believes he is spreading calm throughout the squad.
But he was more concerned with the way Haaland stood out on the Ullevaal mat against his fellow star.
– What may not look good, is the physical fights, not just the duels going on. It took Erling in a completely different way today. When the plays came, he participated in duels and carried the ball several times. This is what I called a little bit, because we need it. We are not Dortmund and we will not be Dortmund. At least not before Christmas, Solbakken says.
Does Norway qualify for the World Cup in Qatar?
Norway now has seven points in its first four matches in the group, which is equivalent to its opponent, the Netherlands, on Wednesday.
Turkey, on the other hand, played 2-2 against Montenegro on Wednesday night, something the two teams at Olival would probably be happy with.
Thus, hope continues to participate in the World Cup in Qatar in November and December next year.
Norway (7 points), the Netherlands (7 points), Montenegro (7 points) and Turkey (8 points) form the basis for a very open and equal group.
The World Cup qualifiers now continue with matches against Latvia on 4 September (away) and Gibraltar on 7 September (at home).
Here you can watch the highlights of the match against the Netherlands:
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”