Red Bull has suspended Formula 2 driver Jüri Vips (21) over an investigation into racist remarks. It might help make the road to Formula 1 a little easier on Dennis Hauger (19).
Vips’ suspension is due to a statement on social media, which is now under investigation by Red Bull. A clip is now circulating online of the driver saying the N word in a live stream of the game.
– I’d like to offer a sincere apology for the offensive language I used during a live game broadcast earlier today. Vips writes in a letter that the use of language is completely unacceptable and does not reflect my values and principles Instagram.
He also wrote that he deeply regrets his actions and that he will cooperate with the investigators to the best of his ability.
– It’s a very boring situation. He said something you should never say. It’s a good thing Red Bull is reacting as quickly as it reacts, says Viaplay commentator Attlee Gulbrandsen.
So far, Red Bull has not released a statement on the duration of the suspension.
It will be interesting to see what Red Bull does. We don’t know yet, they’ll fire him for good, or hang him up for much longer, says Gulbrandsen.
Vips drives the Hitech Grand Prix in Formula 2, thus competing against Hauger, who is at Prema Racing. Both boys are part of Red Bull Academy.
– Yuri Phipps before Dennis was somehow in the queue. He is Red Bull’s reserve driver in Formula 1. He led Friday’s practice for Red Bull in Spain. He is an older and more experienced driver. So Dennis is clearly losing one of his closest rivals, but there are also many other young talents around the leg.
Former motorsport athlete thought Before the season in which Hauger came to lead Formula 1 in 2024. That hasn’t changed since the start of the first season of Formula 2.
– In 2024, he will have two seasons in Formula 2. Next season, it could be even higher. I think there is a certain chance that there will be a vacancy in the Alpha Tauri in 2024, he says.
Scuderia Alpha Tauri is the sister team to the main team Red Bull Racing. That’s why Scuderia Alpha Tauri drivers enjoy among the easiest gateways to join one of the best Formula 1 teams in the world.
Hauger is fifth on the summary in Formula 2, and Gulbrandsen is very impressed with what he saw.
– If I had to use one word, it would be “great”. He’s shown that he belongs at the top from day one. And then he made some mistakes, the team made mistakes and sometimes the race management also punished him. When these problems did not exist, Gulbrandsen concludes, he was on top.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”