It takes a few days for Easter to be fully set up and grocery stores close their doors. Did you shop for Easter and miss an item for Easter dinner? Here is the explanation.
Bama buys a lot of ice cream and heart salad from Spain.
– Pia Gulbrandsen, director of communications and public relations for Bama to TV2, says it’s the most demanding weather conditions in Spain.
Glacier and Heart Salad delivered to Norway due to bad weather in Spain.
– It has been raining for 3 weeks in a row, which is very demanding of harvest. It unfortunately appears on store shelves, says Gulbrandsen.
Harold Christiansen, the communications manager at the grocery chain file, told TV2 that they experienced challenges in making the salad. At the same time, he explains that there are many reasons for empty store shelves.
– First, the dust from the Sahara desert destroyed the quality of the head salads. Then came the heavy rain, which has been going on for more than three weeks, Christiansen explains.
Depending on the weather
Farmers are dependent on the weather as their produce grows in the open.
– We have encouraged stores to accept more crispy salad, which is a Norwegian greenhouse product, and we added extra during that time, says Gulbrandsen in Bama.
Christiansen says they’re trying to get more salad, but it’s a bigger challenge now.
– He says it’s almost impossible now that these salads are only available in Spain.
Grocery chains Rema 1000 and NorgesGruppen confirm to TV2 that they too have been hit by distribution challenges.
– We expect it to be short-lived and if it is not available, we will sell a crispy salad as an alternative, says Hanne Knudsen, head of communications at Rema 1000.
Kine Søyland, head of communications at NorgesGruppen, says they expect glaze lettuce to return to store shelves soon.
– We have challenges in glacial lettuce due to bad weather in Spain. However, this seems to be temporary, Silent says.
Believe in progress
However, Gulbrantzen did not believe that the store shelves would be empty for too long.
– According to the weather forecast, it will rain a little for the coming period, but then it will be, so we cross our fingers for that, says Gulbrandsen.
– When to expect a return on store shelves?
– Looks like there will be more accommodation and warmth in the coming seasons. So there will be better access to the salad in no time.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”