It’s time for an Easter dream in the Sunnfjord.
The temperatures and the sun are finally starting to show. At the same time, snow that fell a short while ago covered Langeland’s ski runs.
– The snow is getting worse. In places it’s a little awkward, but we’ve got enough snow to push it out of the way and secure the trails. All in all, things should be going well, all over Easter. We lead the trails, setting Kjell Einar Viken in Langeland.
From canon to “wretched”
It hasn’t been that long since the skating gang there has been looking darkly at Easter conditions.
Before the last snow, we thought it would never happen. It’s obviously a harsh ten degrees plus, but it’s cold at night and our sun is good.
– But should people smear the glue?
– Yes! If you’re outside early it’s blistering, but later in the day it gets wet.
The situation is even worse with cross-country ski runs from Holtane / Jølster Ski Center to Gjesdalen.
– She’s so miserable! It has been raining a lot less here than anywhere else, and we had to give up on Palm Sunday. But there’s plenty of snow for mountain skiing, says Norud Stovering at Jølster Løypelag.
He has some good advice if you have randonnie or alpine skis.
– Svidal-Flujedalen, Sandal-Jisdal, Dvergsdalen Valley are nice walks. Or to take a ski lift and park on Kvamsfjellet and run down Gjesdalen, suggests Støfring.
Watersplash contest in Jølster
On the Jølster alpine slopes, they are more fortunate.
– This Easter will be exactly as we hoped. We have plenty of snow, enough to stay open and we have freshly prepared trails all over the hill all Easter. From top to bottom, says a jubilant Vegard-Johnsen at Jølster Skisenter.
It will be beneficial for the center.
– Easter will be a good period when we have enough snow. We got lucky this year, and we’re proud to be able to stay open. So there will now be an Easter egg hunt for the kids, a sledding race, a water competition…
– What on earth is it?
– We’re making a pool for people to skate in. Then we’ll see who comes up, Johnson laughs.
– I hope people will seize the opportunity
You can also go cross-country skiing in Høyanger.
– The trail network has been put into operation, and there are good conditions. And then we have a few miles of mountain trails, says Siplo Ski Center’s daily director, Johnny Skarr.
The children’s track on the alpine slope is also open. The main drag has been closed for an entire year due to maintenance requirements.
Sunnfjord Ski Center is full.
– Tip, top, thumbs up, sums up Deputy Director Kato Vick.
– We have good snow, everything is open. So it is quite possible here to come and enjoy the sun. We’ve mapped out some cross-country trails, too. Hopefully, people will take the opportunity to enjoy skiing one last time for the season, he says.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”
Two more reasons to go to Romeo Lavia this summer
Bothem about his friend Haaland: – He’s completely crazy in his head. That’s why it’s good
Tennis: This is why Casper Ruud played so well before the French Open final: – I wasn’t nervous at all