Ljubljana (Dagbladet): German handball coach Andre Fore was fired from his position as coach of the Borussia Dortmund women’s team in September.
The previous year, he led the club to the Bundesliga title. He was also the coach of the German junior national team. He has also lost this job.
The dismissal came after two players from the German national team, Mia Zchuk and Amalie Berger, terminated their contracts due to Fuhr’s behaviour, which the club accepted. After a short time, the coach finished.
Fuhr is accused of psychological abuse and systematic harassment of players.
Newspaper Der Spiegel He wrote several articles on the Fuhr. Later on, there were also several accusations from back in the day he was working at other clubs.
– Fuhr claimed he made the life of the top players in hell for 16 years Newspaper in an article.
Fuhr’s lawyer stated that the accusations against the handball coach were untrue.
The detector: The rumors were circulating
When asked by Dagbladet, captain Stein Bridal Oftedal, who is also with German handball player Ron Dehmke, confirmed that she had heard about it.
Is there anything being talked about in the handball community?
– There have been rumors here and there over a little longer period. Then it exploded a bit not long ago. First of all, I think it is very sad that something like this could happen. It’s sad for players who went through a lot of hardships and didn’t feel they were taken seriously early enough. Bridal Oftedal replies that it’s just a matter of clubs and teams learning as quickly as possible, and it shouldn’t have a place in the sport.
– How long have you been hearing rumours?
– What appeared after that I did not hear. But the national team captain’s response has been in place for a long time.
– not good
National team manager Thorer Hergersson says he’s heard about the issue, but hasn’t read the articles.
– It’s good that they end cooperation if that’s the case, he says.
Zschocke, who had his contract terminated as a result of Fuhr’s behavior, now plays in Norway for Storhamar. She is a teammate with qualifying EC Ane Cecilie Høgseth
– I haven’t talked to Mia much about it, so I don’t have much to say about it. Hogseth replies to him when he shows up, but I don’t know more than that.
The Storhamar player is a debut player in the tournament, and could get his first UEFA match when Norway opens against Croatia in Ljubljana on Friday 20.30.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”