A fire broke out on the production vessel “Johann Gastberg” docked at Aker Solutions in Stort.
– Svein Nesse at 110 Central Sør-Vest says the fire is now out and the fire service is on the scene to make sure it doesn’t flare up again.
The crew is reported to be 187, and all on board must be evacuated and accounted for.
– Victor Fenne-Jensen, Operations Manager of the Sør-West Police District, says that no injuries have been reported.
There should have been no risk of transmission.
– The fire started a little on the upper floors, and a lot of smoke came out of it. Together with industrial security, the fire was extinguished very quickly, says Fritz Arne Lilleskog, head of the police.
More damage is possible
A vessel is a production vessel that is usually loaded with process equipment and is stopped due to work on a hull.
Operations chief Lillescock said the damage from the fire meant they had to leave with large groups.
– There seems to be minimal damage and we are now investigating the cause of the fire. He says the fire doesn’t seem that big.
According to the press contact at Aker Solutions, Odd Naustdal, the extent of the damage is unknown.
– We are now working to get an overview of the situation.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”