It became clear at the beginning of May which athletes got a place on the men’s and women’s national teams.
Read: Here are the national teams across the country for 2022/2023
Among those excluded from the squad was Engfeld Flugstad Ostberg. However, Gjøvik’s runner is betting on his own. TV 2 was informed that this was led by Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass. The 61-year-old was known as Thérèse Juhaug’s coach when she was suspended in 2016.
On Wednesday, Ostberg called a press conference, confirmed Michaels Blass as her new coach, and opened up about the national team’s exit.
– I have the desire and motivation to continue betting, even though there is no place for me in the national team … It is strange. This is where I’ve been for 14-15 years, Gjøvik’s girl confessed.
It is quite clear that things will be different and demanding in many ways.
Creates a new plan
The 31-year-old has been injured throughout his career. Among other things, it lost most of the 2019/2020 season, as well as the entire 2020/2021 season, because it failed to meet the skiers’ health certification requirements. She has also suffered from several fatigue fractures in her foot. But she denies that she will give up.
– It’s not something I wanted. But then there were situations when I thought it was not possible to go cross-country skiing. When it takes too long, it can end up like this, she tells TV 2.
What do you need to do to go cross-country skiing?
It wasn’t a good situation to have been involved in a little bit, and then not for a long time. Specifically, I will be putting together an exercise plan along with a nutrition plan that will ensure that I and my body ensure that my health and body are in a different state over time.
– I’m excited about what it would be like, and if I could manage it. I don’t guarantee myself either. Together with the professionals, I hope to be able to do this.
It wasn’t entirely clear what specifically prevented Flugstad Østberg from skiing. She explains it as follows:
– Details of what it was, keep track of things that are personal health information. I was completely open that I should nourish myself well enough and get enough of myself in return for my exercise. This says a lot. The reasons for this are complex.
Olympic Dream Crash: – The Hardest
She acknowledges that there have been some difficult years.
– It was so tough. There were times when she wasn’t feeling well at all. Especially since the recent move towards the Olympics has been very painful. Mathematically speaking, it’s the worst move.
Flugstad Østberg was nominated for a place on the Olympic team.
The idea was to go to the Tour de Ski and qualify for the last races. I was pretty sure that if I went skiing, it could really do well with the Olympics. It might make the situation worse for me. I never know.
Do you believe you can win a medal?
– it was mine. It might be true that he was totally down to earth to believe it. It hurts to sit back and not get a chance to try. At the same time you understand that you cannot be there.
Help from Bjørgen
This has led to several refusals to start. Østberg returned in November, but soon after was rejected again.
– I felt the desire all the time, the motive was always there, I continued at the press conference.
– I really want to try more. There are still no guarantees as to how it will go, but I would take that as a challenge.
Marit Björgen also attended the meeting. Will use Bjørgen as a conversation partner in the future.
– I’ve discussed as much with Therese. It’s about training, the whole scheme is about what can be achieved. Both are still training, so it’s possible to get buddy training. Do not think that it is stupid to quarrel with them.
Case is updated!
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”
Football, Sports | Storklubb prepares to bid for Vetlesen
The football club is in shock
Andrea Roth: –absolutely awful. love sadness