London Stadium (VG) (West Ham – Manchester City 0-2) Erling Braut Haaland (22) sent Manchester City ahead with a penalty kick. Then the Norwegian secured his new team three points with an icy goal alone with the goalkeeper.
– It was a good start. There’s not much more to say, Haaland characteristically tells Viaplay.
In the stands of the huge London stadium, Manchester City fans sang for Alfie Haaland, who was present with his wife Anita Haaland Stromsvold, daughters Sofia and Nora – as well as “Uncle” Ivar Igea.
On July 21, 22 years ago, Erling Braut Haaland was born. Less than a month later, Alfie’s father made his debut for Manchester City in the Premier League, a team that sometimes wore the captain’s armband. On Sunday night, his son witnessed Haaland make more history for the club with two goals before receiving a standing ovation from the fans and a thank you from coach Pep Guardiola when he was substituted.
1 / 5
Haaland’s performance on his Premier League debut will forever be remembered with excitement. The digital match clock approached 34 minutes as 60,000 spectators saw the phenomenon of Jæren moving behind the West Ham defence. Teammate Ilkay Gundogän got the same, and Haaland played fast.
Norwegian West Ham knocked out Ben Johnson’s stopper on the spot, before setting foot on the ball ahead of Alphonse Areola. Instead, the West Ham goalkeeper hit Haaland’s left leg, and referee Michael Oliver fired a penalty.
Norway’s Jærbuen ran straight towards the ball, took it in his hands and showed the entire arena that he had to take care of the penalty attempt. With millions of spectators around the world, Haaland showed his magnificence by ruthlessly putting the ball into the left corner, while Areola looked lost in the net as he himself made his way to the other side.
– This will shake the others in the English Premier League. It could become a regular celebration to watch all season long, says Sky Sports expert Gary Neville, who was impressed with the sharpness shown by Haaland when he scored the penalty.
After a week of some criticism of Negative performance against Liverpool in the Community Shield final last SundayHaaland silenced any skeptics in the most effective manner. Alfie Haaland’s father himself was present at the London Stadium among Manchester City supporters and saw his son wearing the same outfit he himself had from 2000 to 2002.
During the rest period he felt relaxed, proud and happy.
– He probably knows a little about her. He has high shoulders, but was looking forward to the match today. He was very prepared, says Haaland Senior in an in-court interview with Viaplay.
– The first weeks were great. There is a lot of writing and a lot of pressure, but he copes well and we do it our way. It was good for the boy that he got off to a good start. Everything about the match is well built. It’s a big stadium, lots of people, great weather and great atmosphere. It is the first match in the English Premier League. When he gets that start, it’s amazing.
The 22-year-old’s goal sent Manchester City into the lead in the half in which the team dominated most of the time on the green carpet. Familiarizing with the net, new spearhead Pep Guardiola sat inside West Ham’s 16m box and launched the now known ‘meditation celebration’ – while his teammates ran towards him smiling.
Embraced by Jack Grealish, Kevin De Bruyne and the rest of the City squad, Haaland got up and stopped West Ham fans after 34 minutes of screaming from the stands.
– This is the first goal of many Haaland. “He won the penalty because of his movement and speed,” Gary Lineker said on Twitter.
The former England striker quickly got it right. 20 minutes into the second half, Haaland sealed the match with beautiful timing in the back room. After a perfectly saddled pass by Kevin De Bruyne, the striker again finished off the left corner.
This is how Haaland scored in his debut again. Earlier in his career, the Norwegian scored a hat-trick in, among other things, his first Champions League game for RB Salzburg, followed by a hat-trick for Borussia Dortmund on his Bundesliga debut, and scored on his debut for Manchester City in training. A match against Bayern Munich in the USA a couple of weeks ago and he has now set two goals in his first Premier League appearance in his already exciting career.
The next chance for new netizens will be at home against Bournemouth next Saturday.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”