1 / 16
Bograd (VG) (Serbia-Norway 0-1) After eleven failed attempts to qualify for the tournament, Norway got off to the best possible start on a potential path to the European Championship in Germany in 2024 – thanks to a goal scored by the team. biggest star.
Erling Braut Haaland has shown why Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk was recently rated as one of the five toughest strikers he has faced.
The second biggest star in Norway was the director. Captain Martin Odegaard made a perfect pass to quick defender Marcus Holmgren Pedersen.
In front of goal, Erling Braut Haaland ran free with a distinctive and unique combination of formidable power and clever movements, calming the already smiling home yard in the heart of Belgrade.
1 / 6
– Everyone wanted out. Ståle Solbakken told TV 2 after the match that everyone had cramps.
To VG, the national team manager said they should now count before Sunday’s game against Sweden.
– He was a man of five, six and seven with contractions. It was very hot and many of them were losing fluids. We’ll see who’s ready. We have to calculate correctly so as not to fall into the trap where no one can stand. It would be very stupid, Solbakken tells VG, we have a lot of good players here.
National team captain Martin Odegaard says it took a while to get started. The body was recovered in the second round, before there was finally exudate.
– Then we were all dauslitne, Ødegaard tells VG.
– I feel that this is a result that we did not achieve a few years ago. We show we’ve taken some steps. “We are able to win in an ugly and a bit cynical way by defending ourselves well, so we have something to keep on when it comes to looking after the ball and being smarter in some phases there,” says Odegaard.
Haaland, who scored the only goal of the match, was knocked out after 67 minutes of play.
– We have a world star. It’s totally crazy. We will never experience this again, that we have a player of his level, says Joasim Johnson, Vålerenga’s Director of Sports, at studio VGTV.
– Not as a striker at least, adds Kjetil Rekdal.
“I don’t think we got it in any situation,” Johnson answers.
Haaland’s result was enough to secure three points for Norway in the first match in the Nations League, which could be an additional route to the European Championship finals in Germany in 2024.
In addition to host country Germany, 20 teams will go to the European Championship during next year’s qualifiers, while the last three places will go to teams that qualify through the Nations League:
Norway had the initiative from the start, but after a good spell in Serbia, the first big chance for the guests from Norway fell.
Mohamed El-Younoussi stunned Erling Braut Haaland with a free kick towards goal, but the super striker’s finishing touch was surprisingly weak.
From a slightly slanted angle, he eventually missed completely with his right foot, so the ball went several meters above and beyond Vanja Milinkovic-Savic’s goal.
– It’s mostly his left foot he has 100 per cent return. Kjetil Rekdal at VG Studio thought if he had been on the other side, there would have been a guaranteed goal.
After the goal, Serbia grabbed the reins a bit before the break, but Norway were very well organized and didn’t miss any big chances.
After the break, the Serbs opened with a storm against the Norwegian cage. Real Madrid’s Luka Jovic immediately took charge of the match, but neither he, Aleksandar Mitrovic nor Dusan Tadic were able to beat Organ Haskegold Nieland in the Norway cage.
Especially that one double saved ten minutes in the second half was of a high category and high. Nieland initially got the ball on after Mitrovic’s header, before following it with a wild reaction seconds later.
– He was a good cannon in there. We started out a little skewed, while they created dangerous situations. But we resisted well. It was good to get some good saves. Great credit to all the boys in a tough away game, Nieland tells VG.
Nieland is very proud of the new duo he’s been up to.
They complement each other well. Stefan was involved in this for several years, while Leo had a good season in Italy. In addition, we cater to all the choices we make. And the whole team has defended well, according to Sonmoringen.
Halfway through the first half, Erling Braut Haaland made his turn and was replaced by Morten Thorsby. Norway defended the lead with beaks and claws, and managed to achieve victory on the beach.
Serbia has not lost a match count after the regular time of 569 days, and has had seven wins and five draws in that period. This feud against Ståle Solbakken’s men ceased.
With three points in Belgrade, Norway got their dream start in the Nations League qualifiers. The next contender is Sweden at Friends Arena in Stockholm on Sunday night.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”