June 9, 2023


Complete News World

He never returned home

On Friday, Australian mountaineer Jason Bernard Kinnison (40) reached the summit of the world’s tallest mountain, Mount Everest (8,849m).

It’s been 17 years since he was told he would never walk again after a car accident.

But the expedition to Mount Everest was the last expedition to Mount Everest. On the same day that the 40-year-old reached his longtime goal, he died on his way down.

It got bad

Many international media reported the death.

Mysterious discovery on Mount Everest

The former mechanical engineer was part of an expedition led by Asian Trekking, the paper writes Himalayan Times.

Sherpa director Stephen Dawa told the newspaper that Kinison began displaying “abnormal behavior” after he reached the South Summit on Friday.

Two Sherpas are said to have helped him down to the platform at 8,400 metres, but Kinison is said to have refused to move further to the fourth base camp.

The oxygen tanks must have started to run out, and in order not to risk their lives, the Sherpas must have gone alone to the next base camp. The hope was that they could immediately return with more oxygen to save the Australian.

As a result of the strong winds and bad weather, it was not possible to return immediately, the director explained to AFP.

– The bravest

The Kinison Mission went to a spinal cord injury support group in Australia.

Memorial Page: Spinal Cord Injury Support Group Australia has posted a tribute to the mountain climber.  Facebook screenshot

Memorial Page: Spinal Cord Injury Support Group Australia has posted a tribute to the mountain climber. Facebook screenshot
Show more

According to The Guardian, he wrote the following on his Just Giving fundraising page.

– In 2023, I will go to Nepal to see and climb Mount Everest, far from fighting traumatic injuries and severe and dark days of depression. This is an ambitious feat that I would never have dreamed of or thought possible after being told I would never be able to walk again.

The family confirmed the death on social media, writing that Kinison had reached his goal, she said Watchman.

– He achieved his goal of reaching the top.. He stood on top of the world, but unfortunately he did not return home.

– He was the bravest and most adventurous person we knew and we will miss him forever, they continue.

Kinison’s remains are said to still be found on the platform closest to the mountain’s southern summit.

According to the Guardian, ten people have died on Mount Everest so far this spring.

See also  Moscow must choose between butter or weapons - VG