He rushed to the hospital: – He choked on the squid

He rushed to the hospital: – He choked on the squid

Have you ever thought of trying “Singakji” – eating live octopus? You will probably put that thought aside after reading this.

A 55-year-old Singaporean man stunned doctors when he emerged with an octopus stuck in his esophagus. News agency Jam Press reports.

Sankaji, according to the blog Good touch A Korean delicacy – and it can be eaten in two different ways.

The first way is to break it into small pieces and at the same time watch how the squid wiggle around the plate, adding a little sesame oil.

- I thought

– I thought “what the hell is this?”


The other method is to wrap live octopus around a chopstick, then dip it in sesame oil and eat it all at once.

I got stuck

The 55-year-old opted for the latter and soon began to feel ill.

According to Jam Press, he vomited.

He was also suffering from swallowing problems and thus visited Tan Tock Seng Hospital in Singapore.

according to Wikipedia Eating snacks is potentially dangerous due to the risk of choking, especially for drunk people.

Found a dead mouse in the food

Found a dead mouse in the food


– The reason for this is due to its ability to use a suction cup and attach itself to the neck, as they write.

In the United Kingdom, Snackji was banned due to a High number of food poisoning cases.

Doctors for comment

Doctors performed a CT scan of the neck. Then they did an esophagoscopy.

It depends Large Medical Encyclopedia (SML) A procedure performed using an endoscope – a long, thin tube with a light and video camera at the end.

See also  Turkmenistan: - The president is thinking of Corona's scammers

Used pliers

Doctors first tried to extract the squid from the 55-year-old’s neck, but it wouldn’t budge.

Then they tried maneuvering the periscope after the squid to get a good grip around it.

Sharply increases: - Very annoying

Sharply increases: – Very annoying


Then, using pliers, they grabbed the head of the mollusk.

This time they succeeded and the man was discharged from the hospital two days later.

Korea Times In 2019 he wrote a case of a 71-year-old man who choked to death after eating a wriggling squid.

Jabori Obasanjo

Jabori Obasanjo

"Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *