The Federal Reserve raised interest rates again Wednesday evening by 75 basis points, the fourth consecutive triple increase. That was what almost all analysts expected, not least after the Fed’s signals at the previous interest rate meeting. With this said, the prime rate in the period is 3.75-4.00 percent.
US stock exchanges immediately responded with an increase after learning the outcome of interest rates, but quickly turned lower. This is how the leading indexes closed on Wednesday:
- The Dow Jones index fell 1.55 percent to 32,147.76 points.
- The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index fell 2.5 percent to 3,759.69 points.
- The Nasdaq index fell 3.36 percent to 10,524.80 points.
The 10-year US government bond yield is 4.09 percent, while the VIX Fear Index is up 0.19 percent to 25.86.
The biggest tech stocks fell all day Wednesday. The owner of Facebook, Meta, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Alphabet (Google’s parent company), also known as FAANG shares, had a bad day on the stock exchange:
- Facebook shares fell 4.9 percent to 90.54.
- Amazon shares fell 4.83 percent to 92.12.
- Apple shares fell 3.74 percent to 145.03 points.
- Netflix shares fell 4.80 percent to 273.00 points.
- Alphabet shares fell 3.87 percent to 86.97 points.
At the close on Wall Street, the price of oil (burning spot) rose 1.08 percent to $95.67. West Texas Intermediate crude rose 1.15 percent to $89.35 a barrel. barrel.
The cryptocurrency market went in the same direction as the broader market and at the time of the close Bitcoin price fell 1.33 roses to 20179.42. Among other cryptocurrencies, Ethereum fell 4.43% to 1508.89.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”
The rise of technology on Wall Street | Finansavisen
Finn refuses to sell it
Health, Inlandet Hospital | Increases readiness in the hospital