Police said the fire department brought the fire under control at around 03:00 pm on Friday.
The building has seven apartments with a total of 14 registered residents.
– Tommy Erickson, operations manager at the Southeast Police District, tells NRK that the affected residents have been taken care of by the health system and will be taken to the emergency department for examination.
One person was hospitalized with serious burns.
– Smoke divers go from inside the building through all the rooms and all the floors and check on all the people who were in the building, says Eriksen.
It is not yet clear how the fire started.
– It is too early to say anything about the cause of the fire. The operations manager says the investigation will take place over time and the police will arrive at the scene early and get a specific perspective.
The apartment burned down
A block of flats has been completely gutted by fire in Westfold, according to the fire department.
– This was very close to a total fire on the farm. The emergency services were notified in advance and massive efforts by the fire brigade were prevented. Even better, everyone got out alive, Deputy Fire Chief Kim Danielson said in a press release.
The fire caused heavy smoke in the center of Tonsberg and people were asked to stay away
– It still burns strongly and there is a lot of black smoke. “We ask people to keep their distance from the area,” police wrote on Twitter.
Police were alerted to the fire at Stoltenbergs Gate at around 02.25pm on Friday.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
Stabbed in Oslo
New E18 – NRK Sørlandet – Local news, TV and radio fear that farms will be closed
The bushfire danger has been upgraded to orange