Henrik Kristoffersen (28) earned a perfect starting position to claim his fifth win in the Schladming slalom.
With 30 athletes completing the first run, Henrik Kristoffersen has a 21 percent lead to Manuel Feller and 30 percent to Loic Mellaird.
Lukas Brathen is number four, 57 one-hundredths behind Kristofferson.
From the very beginning, Henrik Kristoffersen gave a wonderful tour of the folk festival under floodlights on Schladming Hill.
As captain, he will start in the second half. As a general rule, it helps to have an early start number, with as little snow as possible.
– We’ll see what happens, says Henrik Kristoffersen to TV 2.
Christopher has previously won the prestigious Schladming slalom four times.
– He had an incredibly rhythmic and beautiful tour. He led aggressive cornering throughout, while remaining in control. It finds a nice balance, says TV 2 expert Nina Haver-Løseth.
Lucas Brathen is currently number four. The 22-year-old made some small mistakes further down the hill and finished 57 percent behind Kristofferson. He was unhappy with my own ending.
– good driving. You see Henrik and Lucas are doing well. It is very solid for fast cornering. It’s fun to watch, speed specialist Alexander Amodt Keelde tells VG.
– They have such steel control.
– In the middle of the tree, Lucas Brathen tells TV2.
For Timon Haugan (1.44 seconds behind Kristofferson), Atlee-Lee McGrath (1.73 seconds behind Kristofferson), Sebastian Vos-Solevog (2.21 seconds behind) and Alexander Steen-Olsen, it was somewhat slower.
The second half starts at 20.45 on TV 2. You can follow it live here.
Earlier on Tuesday, Michaela Shifrin, Alexander’s girlfriend, became Amudet Kildee Historical With his 83rd World Cup win:
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”