MANCHESTER (VG) Pep Guardiola (51) made around 30 journalists laugh at questions about how Erling Braut Haaland (22) handled two weeks of variance.
– I don’t know. I don’t sleep with him. I’m not at his house. What I see on the training ground is that he was calm afterwards Match against Liverpool and calm afterwards The match against West HamGuardiola says he laughs at the British and Norwegian journalists at the City Football Academy – about 200m from the Etihad Stadium where Haaland will make his first home game on Saturday afternoon.
After losing the Community Shield to Liverpool, Haaland was subjected to a week of criticism, but in the past five days after goals against West Ham, the Norwegian has taken a hit. It is described as superhuman.
– As the mechanisms are today, it will soon be the end of the world if something goes wrong, but that’s not true. We can lose three games in a row, but then we can win forty. Last season taught me a lot about that. The best thing is to always be positive. Our biggest battle is with ourselves, not with our opponents. That’s how you think in a positive way, Guardiola says.
Watch the broadcast from Manchester before Haaland’s first home match for the club here:
Manchester City have won the Premier League four times in the past five years and are the favorites to do so again this season. The opening match against West Ham was almost perfect.
So was Haaland’s goal.
– He’s an excellent striker, I rate Guardiola.
At the same time, he is quick to say that the 22-year-old from Bryne will always be able to improve.
– He is young. He has a new challenge tomorrow (against Bournemouth). He has a long career ahead of him. He has the ambition to get better. He could have a great future. You have to believe that tomorrow can be better than today. Guardiola says he has all the skills to become one of the best scorers of all time.
The Spaniard expects a tough match against Bournemouth. Last season, Scott Parker (41) led “The Cherries” to climb out of the championship with second place. During the opening weekend of the Premier League, former club Joshua King won 2-0 at home against Aston Villa.
– I really like Bournemouth and Scott Parker. The way they play is very smart. It is very difficult to play against a newly promoted team. In the first matches, they did not feel pressure and are in great spirits since last season. They have nothing to lose. This always makes it complicated, Guardiola tells VG.
Before the match, Parker said the City manager had been an inspiration to him in his career as a coach. The Bournemouth manager believes that Guardiola’s side shine in all phases of the game.
We understand the challenge we face against a very talented team. They also have a very talented manager in Pep. We have prepared the best possible with the aim of discovering the wisest way to attack the match. It’s very difficult because it’s a team that can adapt to any situation, Parker tells local newspaper Dorset Life.
Departure at Etihad Stadium at 16:00. The match will be shown live on Viaplay.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”