After a difficult December, Chelsea lost their home ground to league leaders Manchester City. Thomas Tuchel thinks Chelsea have more bad luck than Pep Guardiola’s City.
Injuries and corona are the biggest difference between us this season. According to Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel, we may have had bad luck, or maybe they handled it better. Evening Standard Before Saturday’s big game against Manchester City.
The German Chelsea coach has faced his suffering this season. Chelsea lost several players due to positive Corona tests, and accumulated injuries during the season.
Especially in December, Chelsea was seriously injured.
Opens up to the luxurious life in the English Premier League
The city moved away
During the month of December, Chelsea scored points against West Ham, Everton, Wolverhampton and Brighton. Meanwhile, Manchester City were flawless, winning seven of their seven league games in a frantic month.
In other words, Manchester City moved away. Before the first game on Saturday, Which you can follow from kick to kick in VG LiveThe English Premier League champions have ten points behind Chelsea.
Earlier in the season, Chelsea were six points ahead of the lightweight blues from Manchester. Perhaps losing to Al Ittihad means Chelsea are completely out of the fight for gold.
– They had fewer injuries to the main players and they did not get corona like us. That’s the big difference, says Tuchel, who described Manchester City as a “standard-setting” team.
– You played a big role. We made a number of unnecessary withdrawals. Tuchel believes that having an entire team available creates an atmosphere in which everyone pushes the other to be their best.
Chelsea got a big boost this week in terms of protection Last place in the League Cup after beating rivals Tottenham, but then followed by a new slowdown of corona:
Danish defender Andreas Christensen lost the City match as a result of a positive Corona test. There have also been some cases of infection in Manchester City. According to Pep Guardiola, City has Received some new positive testsBut he did not want to reveal his identity.
Cristiano Ronaldo on Solskjaer’s launch: – I was disappointed
VG Tip: Draw
* Pressure Chelsea’s biggest game in this big game for the team is ten points behind Manchester City ahead of Saturday’s early game.
* It Below average 1-4-0 in the league which undermined the team’s chances of golden games. Meanwhile, Man.City was safe even with 11 straight PL wins. Admittedly, City had some margins – such as a 1-0 home game against Wolverhampton and a 2-1 away game against Arsenal on the first day of the year. At home, the score was 8-1-1 and 31-6 in goals.
Manager Pep Guardiola He said yesterday that the club had several new cases of coronavirus in the squad. But how many and who will not come out with the Spaniard.
* We choose to go to draw In the big league match. Odds are at 3.75 and play stops at 13.30. The match will be broadcast on TV 2 Sport Premium and TV 2 Play.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”