After a strong second leg performance for Norway, Sturla Holm Lægreid came to replace her, 42.6 seconds behind.
But Taraji Poe wasn't there.
Ligrid looked confused before his teammate came rushing into the changing area, where he hastily put on his skates, only taking his poles halfway down.
– It was a shock. It was strange that there was no one there. “I started thinking about whether I had made a mistake and headed towards the goal, or whether I should have made another run,” Lagrid tells NRK.
– I didn't see Sturla in the fog, maybe that was the case. I haven't seen it on the big screen, which is where I usually watch it. It was simply embarrassing, Bo tells TV 2.
– I've never seen his colleague
Up to three teams were late for the changeover due to the cold and sour weather in Oberhof.
– Ola Lundy commented: “I have never seen the husband.”
We previously talked about athletes who were not ready to switch and Taraji finds it funny. And now he himself is one of them. “He's going to have a really good time these next few weeks,” says Ligrid, smiling.
But he didn't get out at quite the right time, because Lægreid was also on the verge of missing the switch when Endre Strømsheim came in first after the first stage.
-I was nervous, and I think things went well. I didn't want to stand there freezing, so I think I waited an extra ten seconds. “I hit the timing really well,” says Ligrid.
-Put me on a yawning stick
There were many who struggled for victory at the beginning of the relay, until Big Brother Bo stood up. With five straight into the wind and fog covering the podium, he pulled away from the rivals and sent his little brother outside by a wide margin.
Thus, he could laugh at the substitution problem after what turned out to be a remarkable victory.
-We're in the entertainment business, so we have to create as much tension as possible so we don't win. I'll blame the fog. I didn't see Sturla until he was suddenly there. Suddenly he emerged from the sea of fog. “We laughed when things went well,” Bø tells NRK.
– Sturla says that you tend to laugh at those who are not ready to change?
-I'm going to sleep tonight. All you have to do is pull out the axe, says Poe, who is self-deprecating for a change.
The Norwegian broadcaster himself scored ten clean kicks to the leg.
– Unexpected sequence. Johannes Thingnes Bø says a bad shot can take a minute off of you or you can take a minute off, so maybe just when Tarjei hit it all the way there you thought it was probably going to go well, but you never know.
However, he wasn't impressed with everything his brother did.
– It wasn't long before we were able to catch him hard, but the delay was unacceptable anyway. But it's over well now. We made some mistakes in the team this year, which is not a good thing. It got off to a false start in Östersund, and Putin did the same here. Sturla has had a bad shot and now Taraji. We're not completely in the dark, says Thingness Poe, although he doesn't quite know why.
– Maybe it's a coincidence, but there are some strange things, and only Johannes Diehl-Skivedahl has been flawless so far, and he's the fastest, so we have to get in the ring.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”