West, who has already lost all of his lucrative sponsorship deals after making several anti-Semitic remarks, was interviewed alongside Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes on Thursday.
Earlier this week, the two had dinner with former President Donald Trump — a meeting that really happened It provoked strong reactions.
During the interview with InfoWars, host and alt-right Alex Jones made several attempts to say he didn’t think the West was Nazi, but he ran into boycotts. The message from the West was that it admired the man who was behind the murder of some 6 million Jews, he writes The Independent.
– You’re not Hitler, you’re not a Nazi, so you don’t deserve to be a Satanist, Jones says to West.
However, West’s response is:
– Well, I see good things about Hitler too, who wore a black mask that covered his entire face during the interview.
He loves Hitler
West goes on to highlight things he believes Hitler did right, such as building roads, and thus “it’s impossible to say out loud that this guy never did anything good,” according to The Independent.
– You’ve finished rating. West says everyone has something of value to bring to the table, especially Hitler.
Host Jones follows up by saying that the West has a “Hitler fetish”, and that he himself likes neither the Nazis nor Hitler.
I love Hitler, West replies, adding:
The Jewish media made us feel that the Nazis and Hitler had nothing of value to offer the world.
During the interview, West also mocked Israel’s new Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by bringing out a net and a bottle of Yoohoo chocolate milk, which could be interpreted as a reference to Netanyahu’s name.
The interview with Alex Jones caused several reactions.
Author and public debater Monica Ksango tells Dagbladet that anti-Semitism in the United States is now “explosive”.
The amount of hate speech and violence against Jews is basically 24/7 in the United States, and it comes largely from many quarters.
– When someone who has had such an enormous influence, mainly on Western and American popular culture, puts out a mouthpiece to the public like this, there is no reason to believe that the explosive development of anti-Semitism will stop.
– This painful
Csango believes that West, through his channels, is creating an echo chamber for his loyal fans.
— and if you get tunnel vision, you’re listening to your hero. I think this is very worrying. When people like him say things like that, I think it hurts.
– There have been hints of him for a while now, and he has previously tried to hide behind a psychiatric diagnosis. It just lies on its inconsequentiality. There are so many people who struggle with psychiatric diagnoses that they don’t use as a shield to hide behind at all. this is not fair.
The sensational interview comes just days after the aforementioned dinner with Donald Trump. Dinner thus elicited strong reactions.
at Trump’s table
Trump, who recently announced his candidacy for president again, was visited by West and prominent right-wing extremist and controversialist Nick Fuentes at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.
Fuentes has also previously referred to himself as a Nazi, according to the anti-racism civil rights group Southern Poverty Law Center.
The Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, believes the dinner makes it unlikely that Trump will be re-elected as president in 2024.
There is no place in the Republican Party for anti-Semitism or white power. It is extremely unlikely, in my opinion, that anyone who meets people who hold these views will be elected president of the United States, McConnell told reporters on Tuesday.
However, Trump claims he did nothing wrong, and that he had no idea who Nick Fuentes was.
– I’ve never heard of the man. I had no idea what his opinions were nor were they expressed at the table during our very quick dinner. It was not accepted, Trump tells Fox News.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”