– We can confirm that the boat is set to depart from Oslo, and the journey is now continuing along the Norwegian coast, spokesman Johnny Carlson at the operational headquarters of the Norwegian Armed Forces told Talkbladet.
A number of Norwegian Defense Forces tugboats and ships are available to pursue the aircraft carrier out of the Oslo Fjord.
The ship has been in the Pannefjord south of Malmö since Wednesday and is scheduled to head north along the Norwegian coast.
According to NRK The US Navy’s largest and newest ship will participate in the Arctic Challenge exercise in Vesterålen.
– Americans project governs Americans. Our plans with them are to do a lot of training with the aircraft carrier’s security team. Defense chief Eric Christopherson told the channel that the Army, Air Force and Navy forces and special forces are planning to do a lot of training with them.
Johnny Carlsen, a spokesman at the operational headquarters of the Norwegian Armed Forces, tells Dagbladet that at this time he does not want to elaborate on where the ship is going or what it is going to do.
– However, while the ship is in Norway, several exercises are planned with the army, air force, navy and defense special forces, he says.
A reminder of the rules
Carlson also has a reminder for viewers on the spot.
– When it comes to how close you can be to this aircraft carrier and other military vessels, we remind you that the same restrictions apply when departing from Oslo Fjord, he says.
– Boat operators must stay at least 500 meters away from the aircraft carrier. As today is the second Whitsunday, there may be many people who want to visit the fjord and see this. But this is to protect the safety of the ship and not the general public.
Civilians should not stay between an aircraft carrier and escorting ships, unless a distance of 500 meters is possible.
– There is also a restricted area at 3,000 feet, which is important to tackle in terms of drones and aircraft.
– Keep your distance
Several observers have gathered in Oslo, including Malmoya and E18, in connection with the US warship, which is now leaving Oslo, according to Torey Solberg, Operations Manager of the Oslo Police.
– We have now received word that there are particularly many people at the Ljan station, Solberg tells Talkblade.
In addition, according to the operations manager, there are many boats in the fjord.
– I see a lot of ships at sea and I hope they show good seamanship and keep a good distance, Solberg says.
– What is your request to the people staying at the lake now?
– Enjoy the view and keep your distance, it’s a question of whether this ship will return soon, the operations manager answers.
– Last chance
Many people gathered at the Mossevien in Nordstand to take a last chance to see the US warship in Oslo.
Dagbladet meets En, who, among others, brought his family to see the ship.
– This is the last chance, he tells Dogbladet, and says they’ve been planning the trip for days.
He is positive about the big American influx.
– Here we see the support of the United States, says Eng.
Hellcat and Karsten have brought some friends from Germany to watch the massive ship leave Oslo.
The couple traveled to see the ship last week, but despite the circumstances, they thought it was worth showing the aircraft carrier to their friends.
– This is very special. Karsten says you don’t see a boat like this very often.
– It is a huge giant ship. So it’s impressive in a sense, and in that sense, Hellcat follows suit.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”