– In some places, traffic is starting to get a bit congested, says Gry Solli, traffic operator at Vegtrafiksentralen East.
Read more about your district here:
- There is heavy traffic on the E6 from Hafjell/Øyer in the direction of Oslo. It is resolved in Moelv.
- There are also partial queues for those driving in the direction of Drijl and Oslo.
- There is a lot of traffic on the E6 before Jessheim in the direction of Oslo.
- It starts to thicken slightly in the direction from Hønefoss towards Sollihøgda and Sandvika.
- It is congested on the E18 via Westfold and Telemark. The Southern Road Transport Center reported delays in both Porsgrunn and Tønsberg.
- Vegtrafikksentralen Vest writes, on the national highway 7 near Hardangervitae, recommend that those going up the mountain travel today. Tomorrow they fear queues and long waiting times.
- – Apart from a bit of a queue in the Algort area on the E39, there is generally good traffic in Rogaland. Christer Eide, traffic operator at Vegtrafiksentralen West, says that we encourage mountain passers to drive today as it will be windy all day tomorrow.
- According to the Transport Center, there are no queues or traffic problems in the district.
Expect bad weather on Monday
One A change in weather is expected and the Met Office has issued a severe snowfall warning for mountains in southern Norway.
The warning is at the yellow level and has been issued on Monday due to strong winds and snow.
Among other things, people are asked to allow plenty of time for traffic and avoid unnecessary traffic in exposed areas.
Snow on the road will lead to difficult driving conditions, traffic jams and road closures, the Met Office said.
Fylkesvei 55 Sognefjellsvegen will be closed on Monday, at 2 pm, due to increased rainfall, wind and snow drifts, and an increased risk of avalanches.
On Wednesday 12 April at 09.00 the District Municipality and the contractor will reassess the conditions on the hill.
– Drivers of the Sognefjellshytta and Krossbu tourist cabins have been notified of the closure so that residents can get home before the road is closed for Easter, Innlandet County municipality construction manager Andreas Sande Lien said in a press release.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
New E18 – NRK Sørlandet – Local news, TV and radio fear that farms will be closed
The bushfire danger has been upgraded to orange
Eastern Norway: – Starting to become a crisis