MOLDE (VG) (Molde – Vålerenga 1-0) MOLDE must replace Ohi Omoijuanfo’s 27 goals last season. Against Vålerenga, right-back Martin Linnes took over. Aron Dønnum was fired in the re-debut of Vålerenga.
– The series premiere is a bit tired actually. A little extra tension about where we stand. We were very clear that we have to be on top today to get a result, and I think we are. It’s not uncommon for me to win a match, Lynes tells VG, so I take it with me.
After attacking with several blizzards over the City of Roses, he lied slightly toward the kickoff. But in the field, I blew up the path of my birth.
Watch Elite Series and OBOS League live on Discovery +
Coach Erling Mo has changed to a 3-4-3 formation this season, with the goal that more players contribute goal points for the blue jersey. The formation change means the slopes are higher on the field, something that Moldovan residents were rewarded for after the break.
– I think it’s a tough match from our side. Good opening. Moe tells VG to always take these matches and feel them.
After a crazy chance, he finally sat down for his birthplace when Magnus Wolff Icrim rolled the ball to right-back Martin Linese. He came running and hit the ball into the far corner.
– We start a little weak, then open up a little more. We did a good game for his birthplace, and they won 1-0. In terms of chances, there’s no telling that Molde is winning, Vålerenga Dag coach Eilev Fagermo tells VG.
The home team had several tremendous opportunities to take the lead before the break. First with great talent David Fofana, who hit a wide ball towards the goal. The first good saves from VIF goalkeeper Kjetil Haug kept Vålerenga in the match.
It was probably a match that I feel we have good control over. Then we create some opportunities. We’re putting in a good game and not missing a lot of chances against her,” Christopher Haugen of Molde told VG.
Molde pushed the guests back, but Magnus Wolff-Ecrim Oola Brynhilsen or Martin Linnis were unsuccessful in finding a path to the goal.
Vidar Oren Kjartansson had a chance to turn things around.
Last season, Romsdalian was the top-scoring team for the elite, thanks in large part to Ohi Omoyuanfo. With the top scorer remaining, the blue team struggled to break the zero. The home team lacked a proper storm.
Linnes ensured that with his run and subsequent shot, giving Molde a great start to the season in front of the home crowd at Acre Stadium.
Aron Dønnum arrived in Norway on Wednesday, but Dag-Eilev Fagermo didn’t hesitate to throw in the star right from the start. However, the returning son was very unknown on the right wing and just before the break he received a yellow card for kicking Brynhilsen.
Just before the end, Dønnum took a second gold and had to shower early.
– What can you say? It’s football. This is how it could happen. One can make mistakes. I want a lot, but maybe I should stay away from the latter. It’s cheap. I don’t feel like I hit him much, but I never saw him again, so I won’t say anything, Dønnum tells VG and continues:
– It’s hard to meet Mauli away, but I think we’re making enough so we can get something here.
– I don’t know, I never saw the situation again, Fagermo answers the question if it should be a red card.
“I have no idea what it is, but if it qualifies for two zeros, it’ll be red,” Mo says.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”