American industry is struggling. The ISM Index, which was published yesterday afternoon, fell another 1.4 points to 46.3 in March. It was well in line with our estimates, but weaker than consensus expectations, and the lowest price since May 2020,” wrote Chief Economist Kjersti Haugland in an update from DNB Markets.
It’s the fourth month in a row that the ISM Manufacturing has reported a drop in activity in the form of an index below 50, and it’s in particular a growing drop in order intake that’s weighing on businesses.
Industrial orders in the United States fell 0.7 percent month-on-month in February, according to figures from US statistical authorities.
In advance, industrial orders were expected to decline by 0.5 percent, according to consensus forecasts from Trading Economics.
The number of job vacancies in the US (the tremors) came in at 9.931 million in February, where it was previously expected to be 10.400 million, according to the Trading Economics consensus.
This is how it went with the leading indices on Wall Street:
- The Dow Jones index fell 0.59 percent to 33,403.04 points.
- The Standard & Poor’s 500 index fell 0.58 percent to 4,100.70 points.
- The Nasdaq index fell 0.52 percent to 12,126.33 points.
FixThe index, which shows expected volatility in the S&P 500 over the next 30 days, rose 4.53 percent to 19.39.
The price of a barrel of North Sea oil Brent It rose 0.83 percent to $85.47 a barrel. West Texas Intermediate– Oil rose 0.02 percent to $80.44 a barrel.
There was a mixed mood among the tech giants on Wall Street, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Alphabet (Google’s parent company), also known as FAANG stock:
- Facebook rose 0.77 percent to 214.72.
- Amazon shares rose 1.50 percent to 103.95
- Apple shares fell 0.32 percent to 165.63 points.
- Netflix shares fell 0.44% to 346.75 points.
- Alphabet shares fell 0.2 percent to 105.12 points.
The cryptocurrency market rose on Tuesday:
- Bitcoin rose 0.35 percent to 28,185.90
- Ethereum shares rose 2.72 percent to 1,868.42 points
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”
Apartment in Oslo Borz: gas price pushes stocks higher.
Crisis-stricken Arctic project could lose key tenant – faces ‘significant financial challenges’
Optimism increased on US stock exchanges – and oil prices fell amid rumours