Karsten Warholm is ready for tough attacks next year. Warholm doesn’t think as much about the world record as he did before the Olympic season. But you want to fight for three new golds. Warholm is toying with the idea of running the 400m during the European Championships in Munich.
– It’s the World Cup and the European Championship. We have a title to defend in both tournaments. We certainly can’t be too lazy to do that. I know that competitors – especially in the World Cup – are looking for my scalp. Most people want our position, Warholm told VG after he was named Male Athlete of the Year at the Sports Gala Saturday night.
Ray Benjamin ran 53 parts per cent of the current world record when he took the Olympic silver medal in Tokyo. In July, the American will take revenge in his homeland during the World Cup in Eugene. Historic Warholm gave 45.94 Olympic gold in Tokyo.
– The time is almost a little scary. You know you will always be measured against it. He says it’s not coming to order. Before Christmas, the 25-year-old was named the World’s Best Male Athlete of the Year. He has not lost a 400m hurdles race since 2018, and has won consecutive Olympics, European Championships and World Cup twice.
Carsten Warholm Prize Sprinkle: – More Than Just a Winter Nation
Kevin Young set the Olympic Games world record in Barcelona for almost 29 years when Warholm lowered it to 46.70 in Bislet on July 1 last year.
– It was a world record race. I am very satisfied that I got it first. It was nonsense trying it in Bislet. But this year, I’m a little more settled into better times than I’ve been before. Of course, says Warholm, I hope to get the best of the new shows, but I won’t chase it too hard.
He describes his desire to achieve the world record as “a tattoo of about 46.78 on my forehead”.
– Is the goal to be able to occasionally settle below the old world record of Kevin Young?
Yes, that’s where the focus is. I would also like to break the old personal record of 400m without hurdles 44.87. It could have been fun.
He made an attempt in his first race after the Olympic gold medal. It has not been deleted. Warholm was looking for the European record of the 400m flat, but he almost finished in the time he spent the 400m with 10 hurdles at the Olympics.
– We can safely say that it did not go as planned, he says.
He may run the 400m during the European Championships in Munich in August. But the program is getting closer in the seven-day tournament. The World Cup in Eugene was comparable for 10 days.
– Warholm says it offers a bit of a challenge with lots of acid.
I’ve tried in the European Championships before and I have the idea that I can try again. But I have not decided. But I want revenge after what finally happened.
Maren Lundby has been named ‘Name of the Year’ – using the award as motivation to come back
The golden season ended in September. But it started very quickly with preparations for 2022.
We may never have stopped. We are at work again. To be perfectly honest, improvement is always a goal. We strongly believe in continuity and believe we can move the level up by always making an effort and not always having to take a break. Warholm thinks this is when things get worse.
He recently posted one Instagram- Video Where he, Amelie Ewell and Elizabeth Slytum ran in snowy weather in Bislet. Warholm drives naked upper body in snowy weather.
– But we won’t do much snow. It was quite a bit of fun. Liv (Olav Allenis, coach) did the same with Time Non-Moyen. But then they dredged the track first. That’s a point, Carsten Warholm smiles after the winter race in shorts and studded boots.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”