Louis Tomlinson (30) admits he compared himself to his former teammate after One Direction’s breakup.
It’s been over six years since boy band One Direction broke up. Since then, all the members have gone solo, but none of them come close to achieving the same amount of success Harry Styles (28).
It was a challenge, Tomlinson explains, who is currently coming up with the solo album “Faith In The Future,” the second album in the series.
Harry Styles became a syllabus at a university in the United States
In the spring of 2023 the British artist (28) can study at a university in Texas.
In an interview with telegraph After the breakup, Tomlinson says he had problems “finding his place”.
– The only reference I had were the other band members, says the 30-year-old.
It was especially difficult to compare yourself to Styles.
– I would be lying if I said he didn’t bother me at first, he says of his friend’s tremendous progress.
But not surprised
However, Tomlinson brags about his ex who is two years younger than him.
– It is not surprising to me that Harry is the most commercially successful, because he really meets all the criteria of a modern star, he says.
– He not only makes music, but also plays in films. And the tour he took is incredible, believes Tomlinson, who adds:
– It took me a while to figure out where I stand for myself.
Styles did not comment on Tomlinson’s comments.
Harry Styles and “As It Were” set in September Record on the US chartsbecoming the first Briton to top the chart for 15 consecutive weeks.
One Direction first saw the light of day in 2010, after each of the five boys stood as individual nominees on Britain’s “X Factor”.
The judges thought the boys would do their best as a band and they were right, the rest is history. They sold tens of millions of records worldwide and topped nearly every chart before going their separate ways six years later.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”