More and more Russians are criticizing the war. But while some believe Moscow should admit defeat, others believe they should do more. Preferably against civilians in Ukraine.
After doing more on the weekend Critical statements about the warWell-known and loyal film director Karen Shakhnazarov gave sensational criticism in a talk show on the important TV channel Rossiya-1 – and then on the well-known propaganda program Putin Vladimir Solovyov.
– We have to admit The defeat we suffered in the Kharkiv region. Defeat has meaning when you acknowledge it and draw new conclusions. And if you don’t admit it, you will face another defeat, perhaps even more devastating, says the man who has always supported Putin’s war, both now and during the invasion of Crimea in 2014.
– It can be fatal
– Nobody can stop this war, because it was historically necessary … Neither Vladimir Vladimirovich (Putin), nor Zelensky, nor the West can end this war. This war can only end with the defeat of one of the parties. For us, this defeat could prove fatal. We must understand that it could lead to the disintegration of the country, the well-known director continues, Posted here by Russian Media Monitor:
Shakhnazarov even mentioned the Winter War of 1939-1940, in which small Finland put up fierce resistance to the superior force.
But a large number of Russians believe, on the contrary, that Russia must now turn the spiral even more difficult.
The US ambassador to Moscow under Barack Obama, Michael McFaul, wrote on Twitter:
Russian nationalists are not calling for Putin’s downfall. They are asking Putin to expand the war. And don’t be fooled. These are not “independent” voices in Russian state media channels. They are trying to lay the groundwork for more war and more terror, not less.
– New level
Perhaps the first advocate of a tougher stance is former President Dmitry Medvedev, who is now the deputy head of the National Security Council, which wields considerable power.
In the event that “Western countries continue to pump Ukraine full of the most dangerous types of weapons,” the “military operation will move to a new level,” he wrote in cable.
– The visible boundaries and possible prediction of the parties to the conflict will disappear, wrote Medvedev – who previously said that Only Russia can come Resorting to nuclear weapons if the country’s existence is threatened.
Parliament leader, Vyacheslav Volodin, is another hardliner.
Kyiv’s actions are putting the world on the brink of nuclear catastrophe. We can’t allow it, he says RIA Novosti.
Volodin claims that this risk justifies Putin’s “special operation” in Ukraine.
Communist leader Gennadzh Zyuganov, who for many years was a firm supporter of Putin, He said this week that “a special operation is in fact a war” and that “a full mobilization is required.”
But the Communist Party spokesman later tried to put out this fire by saying that Zyuganov believed that “the economy and the political system should be mobilized, and not the people.”
As Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said, “mobilization is not an issue now.”
Have you read: Putin under pressure: He has a million soldiers in his back
will hit civilians
Several prominent Putin advocates on the important TV channel Rossiya-1 discussed how they could hit Ukraine even harder. For example, most people are prevented from having access to electricity and water. So they destroyed the civilian infrastructure.
– It can be done easily and quickly. So people ask me why we don’t do it, says powerful media mogul Margarita Semongan in the programme, which was broadcast on the main Russian channel, here in an excerpt he published Russian Media Monitor:
Ukrainian expert, Oleg Savitsky, claims that Russia would not be able to destroy the entire electricity system in Ukraine without the use of nuclear weapons, apparently in an interview with theins.ru.
Michael McFaul thinks time is running out for Vladimir Putin – after 22 years as a strongman for Russia. If the West continues to support Ukraine:
Now is the time for the democratic world to give the Ukrainians the weapons they need to stop the invaders. It is happening now. Seize the opportunity now and go “everything” to achieve victory, wrote the former Moscow ambassador, now a professor at Stanford University.
It caused an uproar in Russia on Wednesday after the court dismissed the case against well-known actress Christina Asmus. She wrote on Instagram:
Fear and pain. Please stop this. No to war!
Exiled Russian politician claims he has a plan: ‘Our job is to get rid of Putin’
He claimed that armed young Russians were behind the assassination that rocked Putin’s Russia recently. Ilya Ponomarev (47) explains to VG why he thinks the world should believe him when he says the group will strike again.
The report says it is rare for such cases to be dismissed and the trial closed Medizone.
In a statistic, republished by Medizona, it appears that cases were opened against 4,035 Russians after the “Prohibition of Defamation of the Armed Forces” law was passed when the war began. The number of cases per week has fallen steadily since May.
Do you want to save Putin?
This week it became known that local politicians in the Smolninsky district of Saint Petersburg wrote a letter to the parliament in Moscow demanding the impeachment of Vladimir Putin for treason.
On Wednesday, it was learned that the court decided that the governor has the right to dissolve the Judicial Council in which these politicians sit.
The US think tank ISW wrote Wednesday that they believe the main goal of allowing criticism of the war is to shift responsibility from Putin to military leaders, including Defense Minister Serge Shoigu.
So, perhaps there is reason to quote again from Karen Shahnazarov Rossiya-1 . program:
– In my opinion, our armed forces were not prepared. Ukraine was.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”